• Lucas Ocampos
  • Joan Jordán
  • Ivan Rakitić
  • Youssef En-Nesyri
  • Suso
  • Marcos Acuña

0 voters

3 Likes

I Think for overall best performances Fernando wins, but for how clutch and how much value and points En-Nesyri his goals gave the club this year I voted him.

7 Likes

This is a hard one for me.

Kounde has been a solid defender this whole season, rarely panics and is always a reliable defender who is calm under pressure. Fernando is always in the middle of the park controlling the game and breaking up attacks in the midfield, by far one of the most important players in the team and is gonna be a very difficult player to replace when he eventually leaves the club. YEN has had the season of his life, scoring for fun this season, winning important points when no one had that goal scoring prowess. Even the likes of Acuña who has been slept on this season has had an excellent season.

But for me, it has to be Joan Jordan. It can be argued that he dropped off at the end of the season but by far he has been the best midfield player this season. He has helped control the midfield with Fernando and always tracks back to help the defence. Not only does he do that, he’s a great leader.

Just my opinion

7 Likes

Fernando had the best season but I voted Acuna. I have a man crush on watching him play. He owns whoever is playing RW and RB against us.

6 Likes

So true. He just bulldozes past opponents it’s great to see

3 Likes

Probably biased but I went Bono… So many games he won us with his saves, not to mention keeping us in the title race by actually scoring too.

5 Likes

Absolutely valid. I voted Fernando, but it easily could be Bounou or YEN as well.

5 Likes

Yep, that’s definitely the top 3 this season.

4 Likes

I voted YEN because without him, I’m not sure where the scoring comes from.

3 Likes

my vote goes to Yassine Bounou , but it was so difficult to choose between him & Fernando

6 Likes

@arsalaneyoussef ! :raised_hands:

Welcome to the boards amigo!

6 Likes

Welcome to the forum!

2 Likes

It’s really hard to pick between Kounde, Fernando and Bono. I gave my vote to Kounde, he is just superior, really complete player. This selection shows how good we were defensively this season.

4 Likes

I really like Argentinian players and their style. Previous season it was Banega and Ocampos who mesmerized me. This season it was Acuna. He is strong and technical. Up for challenge with a good amount of stamina. Hope he will be around for years to come.

6 Likes

I have to confess I clicked on Bono for his goal … but actually Acuña is the boss.

And welcome to @arsalaneyoussef the name seems familiar.

3 Likes

Acuña definitely bossed it. I wonder if there is a way to look up who had the best win/loss record? Meaning how many wins did the team get or more importantly losses or draws without them in the lineup? I would bet on Acuna being the answer.

3 Likes