Monchi's Men Goal of The Year Award

6 Likes

I have to go with Acuna. I have a man crush. Big game, big goal from a guy who is may be the best defensive LB in the world. But the Kounde goal was sick and Bono scoring is unbelievable as well. What a fantastic season. May the future be as bright as the present.

6 Likes

All these goals were amazing. For how much we suffered watching Sevilla bore teams to death, we had some bangers to show for it. Also, I forgot about En-Nesyri’s reaction on Suso’s golazo. Besides, there was only gonna be one answer from me. :sweat_smile:

#SusoNation

6 Likes

Errrr… Bono…

3 Likes

Some of the videos came up ‘Not available in your country’, from memory the Suso goal was a long curving shot. The YEN goal was like watching an expert butcher cut meat. Bono didn’t know how to celebrate and so just smiled a lot, excellent.

5 Likes

Sevilla’s best ever theoretical team?

This is impossible for us to survey because there are too many combinations/permutations, plus ‘would it work as a team?’ and some people might not remember the players.

But if we submitted some team-sheets it might make a great podcast !

Personally, I can’t really define that team, I mean this is as far as I can go, we’ve had too many class players.

Palop
Alves, ? , ?, Puerta
Navas, ?, ?, ?
Kanouté, ?

Mbia, Reyes, Fabiano, Negredo, Escudé, Koundé, Ben Yedder, Ocampos, Maresca.

2 Likes

In my time:

GK: Palop

RB: Dani Alves
CB: Kounde
CB: Javi Navarro
LB: Puerta

RM: Jesus Navas
CM: Maresca
CM: Fernando
LM: Reyes

CF: Kanoute
CF. Ben Yedder

4 Likes

+1 for this, only instead of WBY I’d still field prime Luis Fabiano. And maaaybe just maybe Krycho instead of Fernando, but it would also depend on the formation and tactics.

3 Likes

Depends. Fabiano was complete crap at first, he came good after a season, season and a half.

WBY is just a classic finisher. Saviola was very similar but never spent the time with us.

4 Likes

@SurreySevilla I’d go with you on that team except for Javi Navarro. I wanted to insert Maresca too and Saviola. But’s difficult to omit Mbia and Krycho at their best.

It didn’t occur to me to put Fernando there but you are right in terms of modern football.

Barca paid a bundle for Keita and he doesn’t make our all time list, wow.

4 Likes

I actually really struggled to think of CBs. :joy:

1 Like

Don’t know how good he was with Sevilla, I assume he was pretty good though, even if he was before my time

What about Maradona?

2 Likes

Palop
Alves, Carriço, Pareja, Puerta
Navas, Rakitic, Banega, Reyes
Kanouté, Luis Fabiano

As much as i love WBY, i can’t breakup that front two.

Also, watching LaLiga Promises got me wanting to make a 7-a-side version of this. In that case:

Palop

Alves - Nzonzi - Acuña
Reyes - Banega
Ben Yedder

1 Like

Well yes, good call, I was thinking 2005 onward but how can I forget Diego Armando!

Me too, Squillaci ?

3 Likes

Calling @Brian are you in England for the Summer, Sevilla are thinking of their pre-season there. It was planned for Lagos Portugal and I was looking forward to going for the games.

3 Likes

Talk about a dream location to spend some time. I spent 4 days in Lagos in 2005 and I wanted to cry when I had to leave.

2 Likes

This should’ve had a thread of its own, here is my all time favorite lineup considering all the players in their prime. Of course many have to be left out undeservedly but I think a lot of damage and worldwide success could’ve been achieved with this one - I’ll go with 3-4-3:

Subs: Palop, Luis Fabiano, Sarabia, Rakitic, M’bia, Fernando, Acuna.

Season-long rule: fine Ocampos 50k and don’t call him up for the next 5 matches if he keeps the ball for too long during a game and doesn’t pass (acts selfish).

VAMOOOOS!!!

3 Likes

That team rocks for balance. It’s difficult now because we’re thinking modern football but what a combination of Ocampos and Reyes with Banega doing most of the supply :+1:

I’d still go for Palop though.

3 Likes