MD8 - Sevilla FC vs Athletic Club [22/23]

Was it the Levante game when he came out and didn’t get the ball?

1 Like

Brilliant!

1 Like

Just give me another 6-4 and I’ll be happy.

Papu
Corona Oliver Lamela
Acuna Isco Fernando Navas
Nianzou Marcao
Bono

He’s gonna come up with some nutty lineup but it’ll be Isco in the Nasri role.

3 Likes

He said that 6-4 season opener, was a complete accident. The preseason went too well, and they were extremely hyped and went into it like crazy, a lot of mistakes and a bit too much eagerness. He said we need to be a bit smarter now, and he doesn’t have a team as well made for his tactics at the time so he will come up with something else and develop from there. But just how he analyzes the past and the present, absolute joy to listen to.

7 Likes

Marcao Makes the squad. :astonished:

Bono, Dmitrovic, Alberto Flores, Jesús Navas, Montiel, Marcao, José Ángel, Nianzou, Kike Salas, Acuña, Telles, Gudelj, Delaney, Jordán, Óliver Torres, Rakitic, Papu Gómez, Isco, Suso, Januzaj, Lamela, En-Nesyri, Rafa Mir y Dolberg.

2 Likes

A very tough game for us. Athletic are flying high. They been great in defence and very lively and effective up front with Williams brothers. However, with the change of manager and Sampaoli back it gives us more hope. The crowd will be buzzing more and the players may have new impetus and life in them.

They will look to impress the new gaffer and will be interesting to see if sampaoli can make his stamp on the team and make us much less predictable and more dangerous to opponents. It will take time of course to implement his ideas and grow out of the old worn out style but we will get there. We just need a positive reaction tonight as we do have some talented players and they need to show it more and fight more.

I really don’t know what to expect with lineup, tactics, formations, subs, how we perform or the final result. I just hope for an entertaining match and for us to fight till the end.

Vamos mi Sevilla!

4 Likes

Unfortunate times lately for me I can’t watch, but only the last minutes if i’m lucky. Just hoping for a squad ready to fight for every meter and tries to loosen up the mind and escape from the captivity of before. Hope we pop off, Vamoooss!

2 Likes

With the Almeria result we are now in the relegation zone. Congrats Lopetegui.

First start for Marcão. :open_mouth:

4 Likes

Athletic Club are always a tough match. It will be interesting to see how the team reacts to the change in leadership. I am ready for us to start getting some wins.

3 Likes

We wanted attacking options, we got em.

4 Likes

I’d love to know how a new coach comes in and makes his lineup decision. There seems to be an implication that “analytics” play a key role for the club. I’m not sure how deep that goes and hope it doesn’t bleed into managerial decisions.

I am a fan of todays lineup, just seems completely random and I am curious how the decision was come to from a manager who has been here for a short period of time. My best guess would be trainers, assistant coaches, players form, etc.

3 Likes

Athletic Club XI:

1 Like

He did his research beforehand on who’s who, and i’m sure Monchi & co. have provided further details on the players.

3 Likes

I’m not sure about the lineup but I knew, just knew that Marcao and Dmitrovic would play and I should have guessed Jordan by the compliments he was getting from the new Manager. Obviously Acuña is not 100% or would have started.

If we can defeat the Williams Bros and Gil Manano we’ll be flying.

2 Likes

Glad to finally see Marcao start. I’m excited to see how he fares and if he improve our defence and show true leadership which we need.

I like that this is more attacking. Whether we win, lose or draw Jorge is trusting the players to go out there and try and win the game. Let’s take it to them and see!

I’m excited to see Dolberg up front. Interesting to see how he linke with papu, Oliver, isco and co.

Let’s see! Vamos sevilla!

3 Likes

I’m hoping Sampaoli can reunite the old Jordan of first 2 seasons with us under Lope. He’s been lost for ages. Let’s hope for the best.

2 Likes

Sampaoli sees him as a blustering force that can disrupt a defence and also as an excellent near post forward. He sees Mir as the best far post player and with the most definition or shot accuracy. So we’re playing with a ‘near post’ forward.

4 Likes

10 mins to go! Got it on la liga tv! Very pumped for this and looking forward to hear the anthem! Vamos!!

1 Like

We just need a spark of hope… I’m not sure what exactly, but maybe some fiery football for more than 20 minutes? A fighting team? A Marcao-revelation? Maybe even a point or even three?

2 Likes