MD8: Athletic vs Sevilla [20/21]

1 Like

FFS!!!

Fucking idiots. Fell asleep twice at the back post. Lope playing for the 1-0 with 20 minutes still to play. :face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

3 Likes

Only managed to catch the second half, aside from the Navas cross which led to the YEN header and precious seconds when de jong was free with the ball in the area I have no idea what the team are trying to do. They try to mish mash some passes before someone mishits it or Bilbao win it back and get a freekick or corner. Their equalizer was written.

update: pathetic, relying on Kounde and Bono to bail us out time and time again will only work for so long.

2 Likes

Was is wrong with this lot? That was bloody pathetic.

2 Likes

three consecutive league defeats on the trot, the team have their work cut out for them now.

2 Likes

No passion in the second half. Ridiculous from both team and manager.

1 Like

Chris let’s do the podcast now as I’m angry so that I don’t cool off and forget some things that I have to say :stuck_out_tongue: (family friendly still lol)

4 Likes

Very uncharacteristic 2nd half. No excuses for losing that.

1 Like

100% responsibility on Lopetegui.
Bilbao play pretty shit the whole match , while our players show fatigue and Lope opted for a very conservative style in 2nd half and we pay the price.
Lope does try some new ideas in the first half but it’s all gone in 2nd half. If Lope fails to solve the fatigue and attacking play issues, 4th place is in danger.

3 Likes

What I couldn;t understand was the double change of Rakitic and Jordan. Until they went off we were bossing the game, Oliver came on and promptly disappeared, I don’t think I saw him touch the ball once.
Then Mudo comes on!! What was Lopi thinking?
One Positive is Yen looked a lot better playing out wider today, I would have kept him on and replaced De Jong

3 Likes

Playing for the 1-0.

In fact before they scored their winner he seemed content to settle for the point too.

:thinking: Poor management from the manager today.

2 Likes

That’s his go-to move, along with sending on Gudelj, works in some circumstances but not this one.

2 Likes

Yes when we are winning with 10 mins left to slow things down a little but there was 30mins left today.

6 Likes

But it was too early. Mudo on for YEN in 63rd’ and then complete midfield swap at 68’ Lopo was bad today.

3 Likes

I blame the referee and the fact that Sevilla had no exit from defense.
Every decision went to Bilbao, a player falls and Acuña robs the ball, Ref blows foul.

Yellow cards that were not really even a foul, 7 in total.

It was just a shower of bad decisions by the referee. This doesn’t happen in big games when all eyes are switched on. That’s why we do so bad in noon-day games and early games.

So I’m saying why? why? why? am I still interested in this fake football. I know it, the team knows it, the manager knows it. But nobody can say anything official without sanction.

Fed up of this.

3 Likes

Mudo was because he wanted more possession of the ball.
Gudelji was to seal up the defence one layer up.
Oliver for freshness.
The trouble was that the ball didn’t reach them, we were pinned back thanks to Del Cerro Grande.
It was the Ref that screwed us.

2 Likes

My work timetable quite Sevilla unfriendly these days… I don´t want to say, well atleast I didn´t have to see this, but it starts to become more frequent. But probably I would have been more dissapointed if I watched so I guess thats a plus.

I also just like to watch, to see where the team is at. So that´s what I am missing most.

The first half was good I imagine, despite the unusual line up, since my gf said we were quite strong. But it was given away too easy. Thus, another shamefull liga game with a prominent role for the ref in the end. I generally don´t like to blame the ref but if it is so, it is so.

Up to the next one… hope we get out of the slump.

2 Likes

It seems we have lost the fighting spirit along with the departure of Banega. I mean it’s not the Sevilla way, hanging on a 1-0 lead all the time. The Sevilla I know kept fighting to score more goals. Ultra defensive tactics isn’t for a club who has been around for more than 100 years.

Look at last week’s El Classico. RM leads 2-1, and Modric heads into game as a substitute, and streches the lead 3-1. If it had been Lope, he would have gone defensive again, and got punished.

6 Likes

The ref had questionable calls but he wasn’t in charge of team tactics, substitutions, defense at the backpost and overall lack of a gameplan in the second half, that’s on Lope. Poor in-game management and sending on the same subs when others were needed.

Ocampos was pretty bad in the second, Munir and Fernandez should’ve come on earlier. Taking out Rakitic and Jordan is useful only when someone else can come in the middle of the park and do the playmaking, Mudo can’t do it on his own and Oliver was bossed out of the game, where was Oscar in all this?

Two home games against Krasnodar and Osasuna coming up before the international break. Lope better use his motivating skills to turn the team around before they turn against him.

2 Likes