MD37: Sevilla FC vs Real Madrid

1 Like

Was reading that this game is a bit of a headache for us. Normally it would get moved back a day, but because that would make Real Madrid play twice within 48 hours (if I understood correctly), it’s unlikely to get moved. If I’m the Directiva/Mendi, I’d either forfeit the game straight off, or only play players from the Cantera and/or players who aren’t called up (e.g. Tecatito and Gueye)

Anyone hear anything different?

3 Likes
2 Likes

Ah, nice, looks like they made it work. Or that’s what I understand. Text in article was less than clear and I can’t remember what the original constraint was… I thought it was Real Madrid’s inability to move it back, but article sounds like something re Elche match was the constraint.

2 Likes

Marcao, Nianzou, and Jordan are all back in training this morning.

5 Likes

1-0 Osasuna
Sevilla would find themselves only 1 point behind Atheltic Club and Osasuna on matchday 37 if result holds.

1 Like

#notamyth

What are the chances we see Marcão and Badé line up together next week? I honestly hope not, but I also think this chap has a big heart and can see him defending the shirt like his life depended on it. Would be a shame not to give Gudelj his final, moreover

2 Likes

Looks like Madrid are sitting Vini. Better in the end so that our Biris do not take their protest too far and cause us to have punishments.

4 Likes

The idea I hear from all the bigoted corners of La Liga fans (I won’t say Spaniards because bigots are everywhere) is basically this: racism is everywhere and all people suffer stupid fans, so Vinicius should just “take it like a man” like everyone else does.

And I am aware, as everyone, that Vinicius is a real (royal?) A-hole on the pitch. And I am aware that if he didn’t play for one of the big two, his complaints wouldn’t be taken as seriously.

BUT. Even with all that, I just can’t see a world in which we can’t bring ourselves to say: ENOUGH WITH THE RACISM. Full stop.

He could be your worst enemy in the world. He could have raped, robbed, and pillaged in the inquisition. None of it would be excuse to say he should “deal with racism” or “ignore it”. Because racism doesn’t just hurt him. Racism is about millions, nay billions, of people being presumed inferior every day when they walk out of their homes, interact on social media, try to get a job, or just go about their business and be treated like a fellow human.

Sure, Biris…there is a double standard for Real Madrid vs the rest.
Sure, Biris…Vini can be a prick on the field sometimes.
Now is not the time.

2 Likes

Amen Ryan…this is the thing that irritates me. I have been very vocal about not liking Vini, but no one should have to put up with racism. There are a lot of people who do not like him. For the great majority, like me, it is because he is an insufferable prick. Why some have to default to racist comments to critique or jeer (boo) is beyond me, but it has allowed him (Vini) to be given a pass on his bad behavior in order to focus on the greater evil of racism. This discussion is needed though because enough is enough.

In the 30ish years I have been in and out of Spain, I have heard more racist comments here than I did growing up in NC. My HS was 80% black and I experienced racism towards me as a white person from the blacks. I don’t care what the media says…it can go both ways. I also saw a lot of racism towards my friends and classmates for being black. All stupid and unnecessary.

In my Peña, when the old men talk about our players, they usually say their last names…expect when it is Nianzou, Gueye or Marcao and they say el negro. It pains me because they took the effort to learn everyones else’s names but they call them el negro…come on, be better. My kids are usually there with me and we will call them by their surname.

I wish I could say this is just with the older generation, but even on my son’s 2010 futbol team here, there is a Moroccan kid on his team that hears comments from other kids. Such crap.

100% yes too this! Even though he is not slated to play, I assume he could be present. Even if he isn’t, the Biris do not need to step on their junk to make a point about RM favoritism or the Negeiri case. Let it pass and we can bitch and complain about the arrogant prick he is next season.

1 Like

Do we want to see Bono in goal tonight?

We certainly wouldn’t want a rusty Bono for the final vs. Roma though… he hasn’t played since 18th of May and it will be full 2 weeks before the final if he doesn’t feature today.

3 Likes

Good point but isn’t Dmitrovic his preference? Or I feel that’s how it started… Bono is unrivalled in important matches

2 Likes

Amen, you’ll go heaven. Now get down off your cross.

1 Like

Bono playing!

1 Like

Manuel Bueno, 18 year old guy from Jerez is playing. Nice.
Transfermarkt says his contract ends this year, so either he wins one or we lose him. Let’s see how he does. Good luck to him atleast.

4 Likes

Interpretation? Sampaoli-ball not working? Desperate times call for desperate measures? Or just that our attackers just haven’t jived together for most of the season?

1 Like

I suppose “offsides per goal scored” is probably the more useful statistic…as having a higher number of offsides generally seems to be associated with something good, given that all the teams near the top seem to have lots of offsides.

RAFA!!!

3 Likes

The field is soaked. It was pouring around here earlier. Should provide for some slip ups both ways.

2 Likes