MD36: Sevilla vs Mallorca 11-05-2022 (21/22)

Fair play that was a top save at the end from their keeper but we weren’t good enough to win the game tonight. Mallorca deserved their point.

Yet another disappointing performance and result. The football really is dreadful to watch. Top 4 not secured and no guarantee we’ll get a result in the last two games. If we get top 4 we really will limp over the line.

Just not good enough.

5 Likes

We could still lose the top 4. I feel it depends on :poop:. We may only need 1 point but that could be tough still playing atletico and Bilbao in our form.

It’s very much in our hands and 95% in our favour but this is typical sevilla making it tough on ourselves and now we sweating a bit.

2 Likes

Two points against Cadiz and Mallorca, fucking hell.

2 Likes

That’s our 15th draw of the season!!

We can’t even beat or score against a side who conceded 6 at home to a relegation rival.

Let that sink in. Tonight is sackable as far as I’m concerned for Lope.

3 Likes

Imagine the scenes in the pizjuan if the unthinkable did happen. :poop: win last 2 and we lose last 2. I wouldn’t want to be lope or them players in front of a hostile angry crowd if :poop: caught us on the last day of season

4 Likes

3 shots on target boys. Lovely possession stats.

I can and can not wait to watch the interviews again.

6 Likes

I feel it being typical sevilla it will go to the last day. :poop: will beat Granada and we will lose at atleti so the drama goes to last day for 4th between both of us. Hopefully on wrong but the way this season is going I doubt it.

1 Like

We need 1 point but I’m very unsure if we’ll get it. I guess we are the draw experts but still.

I honestly think it will go down to the last game of the season now. I really don’t fancy us getting a result at Atleti and Betpiss at home to Granada, you’d expect a home win.

We’re then left hoping we can at least get a point at home to Bilbao or that Real can win.

How has it come to this? It’s scandalous.

2 Likes

For me that’s it with Lopetegui, if they fire him at 9:30 tomorrow morning I’ll cheer up.
I’ve seen it all season, 3 class players at the corner of the penalty box and they’re programmed to not contrive anything, just back across the middle.

Same today, Tecatito and Acuña assisted by Papu and they can’t resolve anything, just programmed to rotate the ball across midfield. It could have been Navas, Ocampos and Lamela on the right, as it was earlier in the season. Pathetic, we work our asses off to get the ball forward and then go robot. It doesn’t pass basic analysis.

When they decide to do the cross there’s Mir at the front post and Navas puts it to the far post? Ocampos crosses and it lands so far away Acuña retrieves it 3 yards from the corner flag. What the fuck are we doing? it’s not joined up football, it fails every analytic test I can imagine.

Another point, I said earlier this year that Lamela would become a robot and lose his creativity under Lopetegui and Tecatito has followed too.

6 Likes

Tim absolutely. He should be sacked in the morning.

Final straw for me. We can’t even beat Cadiz and Mallorca at home. We don’t deserve anything if we can’t win games like these.

Finishing outside the top 4 to our fierce rivals would be a disaster. Regardless though Lope should be packing his suitcase.

5 Likes

Well we only need one more point, right?

Either way this season can’t end fast enough, completely embarrassing

4 Likes

I guess that’s the verdict, outcome of the ‘judgement day’ - agreed 100%

1 Like

I agree mate. This season has just got worse and worse. Somehow we think surely it can’t get worse and it does. We will probably hang on for 4th but even the way we finish the season is a big failure. Just to finish us off would be Betispiss snatching 4th from us at the death.

The football has been bad, we been poor in most competitions and the results have got worse in the league. I think nearly everyone is in agreement that we desperately need changes. I feel some of these players and lopetegui need to go.

We need a new era and more young blood with a more attack minded manager. Let’s hope for the best.

2 Likes

We were 10 points ahead at one point…

Just let it get to an end. 2 more games. 1 point necessary to get it over with.

Lope is hurt and the media smell blood and the players get the fear of it. It’s a result of the weak mentality we have created.

And make our conclusions at the end of the year.

4 Likes

Spot on analysis mate. I agree. I will support whatever the board does but they need to think long and hard about this. Even if we get top 4 this curve we on is snowballing badly in the wrong direction.

I don’t see things getting better and more likely worse if kounde and Carlos go. The warning signs are there that things aren’t going to get any better now with this management and this current squad. I needs big changes to right this ship I feel or next season could be very miserable for all of us.

2 Likes

The conclusions will be: objective achieved no matter how, what, where and when. No questions allowed, no answers provided - end of the discussion.

Castro here…

3 Likes

Looks like everyone in this forum (or most) are now in the Lope out camp.

Totally agree @Mark_L. The football has been really bad and the season has got worse and worse. Disappointment in all the cup competitions and league form has got gradually worse even when we think it can’t be possible. Even now at home performances are bad.

We do need a new era now. A new manager with fresh ideas and tactics and playing style and getting us play the attacking football we are known for as a club. Yes a clean out of the squad also, far too many ageing players. We need to go back to bringing in young talent and getting an identity back to this club. Lope is ripping that from us right now and I couldn’t say the same about Juande Ramos, Emery, Sampaoli etc. All were better by far than this.

4 Likes

Maybe the fear of getting eaten alive by Atletico, will make us raise our levels.

2 Likes

Agree mate. If Lope stays I fear we’d struggle to even get top 6 next season. Stagnation or worse would surely follow a decision to keep him. This squad isn’t getting any younger and like you say, take the likes of Kounde and Carlos out of it and it’s distinctly average.

1 Like

Our record at atleti is miserable even when we playing well. I don’t see anything but defeat. Plus they will be fully motivated as a win for them guarantees the 3rd position for them.

Ridiculous we saying this considering how far ahead we were but our weak mentality and choking attitude rears it’s head again like usual.

2 Likes