MD36: Sevilla FC at Elche

What the hell, Gueye…

3 Likes

now 70 minutes of suffering… just what we needed for an exhausted team in need of recuperation and freshness in exactly 7 days.

4 Likes

I feel like the Miranda challenge was a lot more malicious than that one by Gueye. Both are straight reds, but there was a lot of force from Miranda

1 Like

I don’t disagree with that statement. Miranda did come in hard. I don’t think either Miranda or Gueye meant to do it, but it still happened so now we pay and suffer as Tim said.

1 Like

Yay. Own goal

European chances through the league look over. We going to have to beat Mourinho’s Roma to get in. Unless we can pull something unlikely here in 2nd half. Vamos!

3 Likes

That is a very soft yellow. Bade won the ball.

1 Like

They don’t look like they care if they win or not

1 Like

That was rough

1 Like

Very tired team. Need to rest for next week

1 Like

ok. we can cut Rafa Mir now.

disappointing outcome, but after a 20th minute red, hard to expect more for a tired team.

2 Likes

Mir so bad! Tough match, sucks we dropped points.

2 Likes

Could’ve ended up in 7th

3 Likes

:beers:

2 Likes

Rather we rest up for the EL Final now.

2 Likes

:hocho:

1 Like

Honestly if we want Europe bad (which I assume we do!), stick a load of the Cantera out against Real Madrid. I’d have said a few of the lads out on loan too, but the bloody Segunda Division and RFEF Primera Division seasons still haven’t finished so the likes of Alfonso Pastor, Ivan Romero, Kike Salas etc haven’t returned yet.

2 Likes

Was a tough game tonight. Tired players playing most of the game with ten men and chasing it. Elche the better side and we seemed happy with the point and had no real desire to go on and win it.

Mir still found himself in a few decent positions when he came on only to mess up again! Europe through the league probably gone now.

All the focus for me now has to be on the Europa League. Definitely rest players for Real on Saturday.

3 Likes

This more properly belongs in Summer Transfers thread, but links to yesterday. Twittersphere seems very pissed about Pape Gueye’s red card yesterday, with lots of “don’t sign him” reactions.

Thoughts?

I am more inclined to keep him, overall satisfied with what he’s done for the team. Acuña gets too many red cards and bans, and I don’t see anyone wanting to “get rid” of him. Anyhow, he has room to grow, but seems like overreaction to think this red card is somehow a tipping point

2 Likes

I’d still sign Gueye. He’s done a great job for us since coming in.

He does need to address his discipline though as he could become a liability otherwise.

3 Likes