MD34: Sevilla FC at Valladolid

Finishing seventh instead of eight will get us an extra 13m euros because of ELC money and six extra between those two league positions. Winning EL more important but league postion can still make a meaningful difference

1 Like

How many chances does Mir want?

1 Like

I wanna give Mir a fair shot, I really do. But he has wasted chance after chance today.

2 Likes

Oh my god

Thats an escudero right there. What a mess.

So lucky there. I would be absolutely furious if that happened the other way

3 Likes

I think we can stop complaining about the referees for a little while now. Never seen that before.

Half time blown as they’re hitting a shot, scores. Not allowed.

Rightfully but it was a quick whistle

3 Likes

Completely negated Escudero’s shot chance.

1 Like

If that had been us we’d be furious.

Feel for them. Imagine if they get relegated because of that. We’re very lucky to be level and still have 11 men.

3 Likes

I’ve actually liked his play on approach… but that will be a controversial call.

3 Likes

That’s nuts! To be fair, it was way over the 4 minutes added, but the timing of that whistle was crazy. Ref was having a good game too! :sweat_smile: Only in LaLiga.

5 Likes

Ref and all Sevilla fans right now.

3 Likes

Valladolid are going to get a very controversial penalty call in the second half to make up for that.

2 Likes

Mir and Papu do not even look like professional footballers. Even if they manage to play wonderfully from the second half and onward, scoring 5 goals each every game, I will still not be convinced that they should stay in the summer.

They’re dead weight and should be removed from the squad asap.

4 Likes

I have big questions over Montiel as well.

1 Like

100%… but he decided to blow the whistle before the last shot, so technically it’s not a wrong call.

It was over 4 mins added time anyway and that’s always on the ref whether he wants to add a few more secs or end it right there.

3 Likes

Yep. We all know Navas is better quality-wise than Montiel - but if a 37 year old playing in the same position as you shows more passion, runs more and fights more for the team, you should be asking yourself some questions, especially at an age of 26.

1 Like

I had this as the season Montiel would up his game, but I’m still waiting for that day. He’s not been horrible, but you sum it up perfectly @ShendM, Navas is going on frickin 38 years old!

3 Likes

Montiel and Mir then do it. 1-0.

3 Likes

Some redemption right there for montiel and mir. Very nice

2 Likes