MD25: RCD Espanyol v Sevilla FC [21-22]

Yes Rafa! He can’t stop scoring right now. And Papu no surprise with the assist. Instant impact. The man is brilliant right now.

Massive massive goal for us at a time when Espanyol were on top. Long way to go though!

2 Likes

This is his 8th in league play, right?

Well. One half gone, not our brightest half but I’m glad we got the goal. Papu was an instant impact

4 Likes

I thought Espanyol probably had the better of the half and had some great chances which they should have taken.

However a well taken goal from us. Pinpoint cross from Papu and a nice Rafa finish. All that matters is we’re winning and what we do know is that it’s very difficult for our opponents to fight back once we do go ahead. We’re the masters of clean sheets!

Now let’s get that second goal and wrap this one up in the second half. VAMOS!

1 Like

We didn’t play well overall. Not enough attacking purpose.

I feel Espanyol played better for most of the match but we grew into it better.

Again bono and our defence saved us who as usual are on their game.

Then the man of the moment again papu with the magic after a great out wide long pass by Carlos. A great cross by papu and I loved Rafa Mir anticipation and his cool finish. It was clever how he stayed onside and took his chance well. Mir is our best striker and should be starting at moment.

A real shame about martial but he did struggle with a knock against Zagreb so it’s no surprise. We having no luck with injuries but we are coping with it very well.

We finished the half better but we can still do a bit more going forward. Overall though we look solid and give RDT very little to feed off.

I hope we can keep defending well. Our ball possession has been decent and better than some previous matches. It’s helped us to slow the tempo. I’d prefer us to try get another goal here though as Espanyol have a habit of scoring at home.

Hopefully we can make this advantage count. Vamos mi sevilla!

1 Like

One other thing I’ll say is Mir is silencing his critics. On current form he should be in that starting 11. No doubt.

2 Likes

He’s easily our best striker and has been pretty clinical when chances have come his way. Oh hope lope starts him in most matches.

He’s proved me wrong to as I wasn’t sure about him but he’s proven many critics wrong including me which I love to see.

1 Like

Yeah I agree. I don’t think we played well again but we have this knack of weathering bad spells and then making the most of our better periods of the match.

Overall though I’m not feeling to confident. We have invited pressure and they had a few half chances that we have to limit more. We can’t give RDT in sniffs on goal as he’s a predator if he gets a great chance.

Bono has been massive again and I feel kounde and Carlos playing great as usual. Fernando and Delaney did ok as well.

For me it’s been Jordan who been a bit of a liability. He’s lost the ball in dangerous positions and his transition to attack been a bit slow. Hopefully he steps up 2nd half or lope may change him as he hasn’t had one of his best games so far.

Overall though we 0-1 up at a tricky rival and it would be a big win if we can get it. Vamos!

3 Likes

How have we been? I’ve sort of been half watching whilst washing / washing my kit after my own game this morning. Saw the goal, great play and cross by Papu, my boy Rafa Mir with another goal. :wink:

1 Like

Yes focus on please, really can go both ways. 3-1 Espanyol if we are not carefull.

1 Like

Happy birthday @SurreySevilla! :tada:

5 Likes

Thanks Jakob! :pray:t3::partying_face:

1 Like

I’ll eat my words if I’m wrong but we very rarely lose matches when we go ahead, let alone concede 3.

No room for complacency but I’m fairly confident!

Ergh!

1 Like

I may have spoke too soon!!

1 Like

Jordan’s man… Just let him go, really shocking tracking back.

ah crap… but that was coming. they’ve been completely dominating the ball since the restart.

2 Likes

yup, what 4 man looking, the running man just looking for free space… defensive focus nowhere.

well Kounde slipped but it might not have mattered. Didn’t look aware, and Darder was in forward motion.

1 Like

Could see it coming. We been inviting them on all game. We have to wake up fast.

1 Like

Jordan has had a nightmare today like.

1 Like