MD24: Sevilla FC at Atletico Madrid

1 Like

I heard Vegas odds are favoring Sevilla 4 to 1.

Season 9 What GIF by The Office

Just Kidding Jk GIF

1 Like

Gotta be honest, I was more optimistic going into Camp Nou than I am going into this match. But then again #YEN last season with his Atlético glory… history doesn’t repeat, but it rhymes.

We can hope, right?

2 Likes

Copied from sportsmole.co.uk

Angel Correa was handed a straight red in the Madrid derby last weekend, meaning that the Argentina international will be suspended for Atletico on Saturday night.

Nahuel Molina is also banned due to the booking that he picked up in the same match, while Reinildo saw his season end with the serious knee injury that he suffered against the champions.

Sergio Reguilon and Rodrigo De Paul are also on the sidelines through injury, but there is a chance that Geoffrey Kondogbia could be back in the squad for the Red and Whites.

The team’s defensive absentees could mean that Matt Doherty makes his debut for the club as a starter, while Gimenez and Alvaro Morata may return to the first XI.

As for Sevilla, Fernando is suspended due to the red card that he picked up against Osasuna last time out.

Meanwhile, Loic Bade, Karim Rekik, Papu Gomez, Marcao and Jesus Manuel Corona remain on the sidelines for the visitors due to injury problems.

Alex Telles and Marcos Acuna could both be back in the starting side for this match, with Bryan Gil potentially dropping down to the bench for the contest on Saturday night.

Youssef En-Nesyri has scored 11 times in all competitions during the 2022-23 campaign, and the Morocco international is again set to lead the line for Sampaoli’s side.

Atletico Madrid possible starting lineup:
Oblak; Doherty, Gimenez, Savic, Hermoso; Llorente, Koke, Barrios, Carrasco; Griezmann, Morata

Sevilla possible starting lineup:
Bounou; Nianzou, Gudelj, Telles; Navas, Rakitic, Gueye, Acuna; Lamela, En-Nesyri, Torres

2 Likes

I don’t think we see that lineup at all…especially with Lamela’s form.

I’m going with:

Bounou

Navas, Nianzou, Gudelj, Acuna
Jordan, Gueye, Rakitic
Suso, YEN, Ocampos

3 Likes

5 Likes

So no…

Rekik (Injured)
Corona (Injured)
Fernando (Suspended)
Bade (Injured)
MarcĂŁo (Injured)
Papu Gomez (Injured)

Waiting for @TimSpence2 's latest timeline update on Marcão? Have we hit our marks for recovery yet? He’s only been on the team for, say, 8 months…

1 Like

According to Transfermarkt Marcão isn’t due back until 1st April. :thinking:

Papu Gomez is supposedly 13th March. No dates for Bade or Rekik.

1 Like

How is Papu Gomez called up to the Argentina squad when he is still injured by the way?!:face_with_diagonal_mouth:

2 Likes

I was wondering the same.

1 Like

Is it another “injury”?

Is on TV in the UK?

1 Like

ViaPlay Sports 1 UK HD If you can get it

1 Like

2 Likes

Just missed it! Montiel over Navas

1 Like

Sitting in a small bar in Extremadura. Let’s go boys!

2 Likes

So Simeone will have a plan, Nianzou is the most likely victim.

1 Like

Whereabouts exactly?

1 Like