MD17 : Sevilla FC at Girona

I was hoping we’d change shape in the second half, this is going to be difficult because I see no signs of life above the neck.

This ref is giving us nothing

1 Like

We are awful in defence. Worst defence we had in sometime to be fair.

2 Likes

Besides forgiveness for what should’ve been a penalty

2 Likes

… are you kidding me

And Nianzou throws it away. The gift that keeps on giving.
Cadiz play Elche on Monday, if they win or draw then we are down to 18th again. The next 2 home games are must wins

1 Like

Stop worrying about week to week positon. Just worry about how bad we played and coming away empty in a winnable game.

We can’t even take our corner

Full time. I hate this

We are terrible! Lucky to win last weekend and now this. I wish this season would just finish now. Girona deserved to win. Fair play.

Kinda forced to start Bade now. This game was in the bag if we had just kept it simple defensively. We can’t allow this if we’re looking to go on a run. We retained none of the good from Lope.

And Monchi, where is that midfielder?

Rakitic saying we did enough to win in the post game interview. Delusional

Bad spirit allround. Nobody seems to have the desire to play, it is so sad to see.

He’s right though. How easy were those 2 goals Girona scored?

2 Likes

Instead of winning this one, as we should, we somehow end up losing it.

It was a combination of worthless players in the squad and wrong subs by Sampaoli. Who in the right mind fields Suso? Suso and Jordan are Segunda Division material at best… they are almost below average and they still get a lot of minutes, especially Jordan.

I know we’re a bit thin due to injuries, so that’s why 3 types of players should be a priority in this window if we want to at least TRY and save the season, otherwise it’s all over.

We should get a CB, Nianzou is extremely shaky and very unreliable - I’m worried that he’ll never cut it here. He is making at least 1 (2 tonight) fatal goal-conceding mistake per game and the last CB I can remember doing that was Kolo lol.

We also need Ocampos back to spice up the attacking play and sign or loan in a serious midfielder. It can be either a box to box DM or a central midfielder with a bit of vision. Jordan’s backpassing and overall negative play is costing us a lot in that area - he’s not worthy of a Sevilla shirt, has not been for a long time now.

I still believe in Sampaoli, but with those kind of subs in the second half, there’s questions to be asked. I really hope Monchi is going to provide the needed reinforcements to try and save the season, because at this point, even with a better squad, nothing is certain.

5 Likes

We were outplayed from start to finish. Look at the stats and gameplay. We had 5 shots and only 2 on target. I’m sorry but we are terrible and I feel we will be in the relegation battle right to the last 2 weeks.

Is Sampaoli the man for this job? Questions really need to be asked. I’m sure having YENs leaping abilities would have been welcomed for some of those set pieces. Leaving him on the bench so long is a terrible miss.

4 Likes

It makes me think that actually lopetegui worked a miracle to do what he did with these players. Albeit he was fortunate to have kounde and Carlos but bar that it’s the same players. We have a poor side and don’t create much and now the defence has fell to pieces.

1 Like

Maybe I am the delusional one, but with the amount of mistakes we had at the back we could have easily conceded 3 or 4

4 Likes

Not in my opinion. We would have been better keeping lope to be honest. Sampaoli is struggling to organise us and not up for a relegation battle. These players don’t suit him.

1 Like

Would you take 17th if offered it? I would for sure.

2 Likes