MD13 - Sevilla FC at Real Betis [22/23]

Who is betting on Joan Jordán having a revival today? I hope Sampaoli has enough sense of Sevilla history to give him, Navas, and Rakitic the start. Even if he tells Navas not to conserve energy and that he’ll sub him off for Montiel at half time. If there is ever a match for our legends to show los béticos what we’re made of… Today is that match.

3 Likes

A couple fun facts I learned today. First, not that fascinating, but since we have many Yanks on this forum (including yours truly), I thought you’d find it interesting that Delaney’s Danish father is an American citizen and another of his ancestors was Irishman who emigrated to the US.

Now, the more interesting part: Delaney is red-green color bling, surely like approximately 1-in-12 of you all (well, except our small, but excellent minority of Monchi’s Men’s Women, who are blessed with better genes) is red-green color blind.

Thank goodness for the blasted ugly bético stripes or a chap like Delaney could have some confusing red-green passes today along with his red-green color blindness.

3 Likes

No Marcao, Nianzou, Fernando or Isco! :tired_face:

1 Like

Rekik Gudelj pairing is only option, Delaney as a defensive midfielder. Not very optimistic, but derby is always a special match, so anything can happen. We just need to start with Lamela and Mir.

4 Likes

Nice day but cool air, street bars are full already, this should have been at 4:15 because it’s a high risk game.
:man_facepalming:

8 Likes

Feels a bit like this to me.

Betís would love the opportunity to stomp us further down.

4 Likes

Yep haha! This is perfect analogy to be honest.

1 Like

Cheers folks! It’s match day!

2 Likes
1 Like

Go out an get em’ boys
To quote Monchi
“Because nobody should forget it: Seville is, and will be eternally red and white. Always”

4 Likes

With results going their way today, Atleti and Sociedad both dropping points, Betpiss can go into third with a win. Every incentive for them if they needed anything more.

2 Likes

Rockets going up since 4:00 p.m. Police helicopters buzzing over, it’s crazy.

7 Likes

So what are we expecting?

I’m thinking a 3atb with Montiel and Navas.

Mir Lamela

Torres

Acuña Jordan Rakitic Navas

Rekik Gudelj Montiel

Bono

2 Likes

7 Likes

About as good a team as Sampaoli could have lined up I’d say.

3 Likes

Watching from the Peña Sevillista bar in our town. We are early, but expecting standing room only here. They seem happy to have some new foreigners as socios. We are also quite younger than the average gentleman here right now, though as game time approaches I imagine the younger crowd will come out.

9 Likes

I think Papu off the bench could have been better, but why not just go for it, right?

VAMOS CHICOS!! :muscle:

4 Likes

And i’ll bet that most of the old guys will not buy a drink all night. :blush:

1 Like

They’ll probably play dominoes in the second half.

Jordan - Rakitic … the worst midfield in the world.

Both slow as fuck and totally out of form. Hope it works… as always, but miracles don’t happen often. The worst thing is that we don’t have anyone else to put there, except for Delaney maybe.,

1 Like