MD11 - Sevilla FC at Real Madrid [22/23]

So with Montiel on a yellow facing Vinicius, what are the odds he gets sent off?

Do we bring Navas back to RB and sub him for an attacking player, or do we being on the low on confidence Carmona, or do we just risk Montiel

I know our strikers arenā€™t the greatest, but is starting Isco up top really the answer? I just donā€™t give us a good chance of scoring with this lineup

2 Likes

We need strikers onā€¦ we need to score!

1 Like

Best chance youā€™re gonna get, a free kick like this. Need some one to stand up here.

I think what Sampaoli was trying to do it do confuse the centre backs on who to mark and get them to push slightly higher up and get Isco, Torres & Lamela to run into the channels. Itā€™s not great but I can see what he is trying to do, I think we will have 2 strikers on the pitch for the last 20-25 mins

1 Like

Nice scissor challenge on Lamela there. Another argument for a red but if that didnā€™t give one to Montiel, they shouldnā€™t to Tcheumeni

Isco not really running into channels, heā€™s only dropping deep to be more available and atleast have an 11th player who passes, and make us move up the pitch slowly. Lamela on the left again, is just not good.

Thatā€™s what I said, to draw the defenders out for others to run into the channelsā€¦

We are in dire need of a Yedder/Gameiro type of player.

5 Likes

Yeh but heā€™s not drawing them out, they stay and he leaves them.

Weā€™re still very Lopetegui, Sampi offers freedom but we are still stuck mentally.

1 Like

Come on Guys, we can get a goal tonight! Belief!

First shot, Navasā€¦ More people arriving there. We will need a lot more luck here.

Whoā€™s the fastest attacker? There is nobody for Madrid to be scared of.

1 Like

Iā€™m loving Marcao. Heā€™s a great character in the team and brings more leadership to us. Just hope he can stay fit.

3 Likes

If we turn it like we did in the second half against Valencia, we can do this. Even a point would be a victory of sorts.

3 Likes

Could have been way worse, itā€™s alright. Who knows what we can be up to around minute 80. If it remains 1-0. Big if thoā€¦

2 Likes

We did well to hang in the game. We kept them at bay quite well. However, the same issues going forward remain. We just donā€™t create enough and to slow to move the ball. Itā€™s going to take time to change this and we need better players up front as well.

Letā€™s just try hang in this and see what happens.

2 Likes

Jordan needs to stop giving those stupid fouls, well heā€™s on a yellow already so it may be redundant but Iā€™m talking about future games.

1 Like

Our transitions are so bad, you need more than just Lamela as a runner.