Matchday 6: Sevilla at Eibar [2019-20]

Lopetegui is going loco! I think the air will turn blue in the dressing room!

Classic game of 2 halves. Mendilibar undoing everything Lopetegui did well in the first half. But what calamity of errors!

Loopy Lopetegui’s face was like Greta Thunberg at the UN.

Enough already, I’m not worried, I’m delighted that he might lose the dressing room, the sooner the better and then Hasta luego hombre.

I’m going to switch off now, I’m in Greece next week and then Colombia, I’ll try and connect but it won’t be often until the new year.

1 Like

At work when I went to drive my train we were 0-2 up. Wish I hadn’t bothered checking the final score. :unamused::unamused::unamused:

1 Like

Que paso!

This is definitely the type of loss that could cause issues in the locker room. Let’s hope not and that we regroup quickly. Hard to figure out that Pozo sub. Why not move Munir out to the left and bring on the super sub?

He reacted too late. We were getting surged in that 2nd half. There wasn’t enough of an outlet on that left side as Óliver can’t get forward quick enough. So we just ended up suffering the whole half.

2 Likes

Wtf were Carlos and Vaclik doing for that equaliser? Neither took control of the situation, poor communication and DC clearly didn’t look before heading the ball either. :man_facepalming:

This is what happens when there is no competition in Goalkeepers. Vaclik has been playing even on friendlies, taking it granted not to get subbed. Terrible goalkeeping…

Bono is actually decent, just surprised he didn’t play in the Qarabag game to be honest. Yes Vaclik can make amazing saves, but he’s yet to 100% convince me he is a top goalkeeper.

Future of Lope doesn’t looks good despite not a bad start.
His formation, starting attackers, starting of a lack of speed false LW, the use of De Jong and dabbur, conservative substitution, sub Jordan every match but not rest him in Europa, are all criticized by fans now.
I will not be surprised if he end up like Machine , got sacked in the middle of the season.
I hope he will learn from this two matches and turn things around.

1 Like

It’s because Nolito hasn’t been playing. He is Lope’s lucky charm it would seem. :wink:

1 Like

the poor attack of seviila is julian lopetegui fault!
he is so arrogant that he Would rather keep munas dabbur on bench or outside the team just Because he didnt bring him to the team!
everything is Related to politics with him! what a shame!!!
munas play in austria and was Struggling with germans defenders and still was the number 1
most scored goals!
give him a chance! he will be better then luke de young , the numbers of dabbur dont lie!

Wasn’t it Monchi who told us not to worry too much about Ban Yedder being sold because we now have Dabbur who scored 37 goals in 48 games last season?

Hi @kapiron! Welcome to the forum! I am glad you found the site and posted. I don’t know if it just comes down to he didn’t bring him in. He didn’t bring in Munir, Banega, Mudo, Escudero, Carrico, Navas, Vaclik, etc. I think we are all curious as to why he isn’t playing after showing often in the preseason. It’s a shame as I think he could make a difference.

Welcome to the forum @kapiron! I am 100% with you on the sentiments re: Dabbur.

I’ll give him the benefit of the doubt that something has happened internally. Remember when we didn’t know why Kiyotake wasn’t playing?

What’s strange is that Dabbur has had a full pre-season, something you can’t say about Rony Lopes, who might still need time. Besides, Munas hasn’t even looked bad in those games. He clearly outperformed De Jong. What i love most is his linkup play, as he can provide some sublime passes. Technically, he even plays more like a dutchman than Luuk.