Matchday 5: Sevilla vs Real Madrid [2019-20]

Just hope it’s not a re-run of Machin’s reign, that was pretty deflating. On the bright side Javi Gracia has already been fired from Watford so he can always jump in. :smile:

And we normally have about 7 injuries by now, this year none, so that’s more good news.

How did thngs unfold after 3.5 years of Emery, I think this is the order
Sampaoli, Caparros, Machin, Montella, Caparros, Lopetegui.
Seems like an eternity since Montella was there, but it’s 6 managers in 2.5 seasons.
Where does Berrizo fit in that list (memory loss)

Sampaoli, Berizzo, Montella, Caparros, Machin, Caparros, Lopetegui.

Berizzo was crap, I didn’t rate him at Celta before so it was a surprise appointment for me, and I really hated the fact so many people both in and out of the club seemed to think he should keep his job just because he had cancer, that’s not a reason to keep an underperforming football manager.

Montella though. :man_facepalming: I said before the appointment he would be an absolute disaster, and he didn’t fail to disappoint. Dreadful manager, I don’t know how he still get such high profile jobs, the guy should be managing in Serie B or C not A.

1 Like

Thanks, I was confused over Sampaoli, when the Argentine national team wanted him around January, we all knew he was going to leave, but not when. I had a feeling he didn’t see the season out and Caparros came in, but that was the year after with Montello.

And Carriço has played under all 7 managerships (8 including Emery)