M4: Sevilla FC vs FC Barcelona [21/22]

As Tim etc have said though, we don’t even fill the stadium as it is now.

2 Likes

:poop: do have the bigger fan base to be fair. They are planning to build a new main stand to increase their capacity further.

1 Like

Ocampos and YEN in the squad, no Montiel and Acuna. So defence will probably look like this: Augustinsson - DC - Rekik/Fernando - Kounde.
The most important thing is that Ocampos is available.

3 Likes

This is a funny one… I’d rather not weaken the core of the back line by moving Kounde out, rather see Juanlu or Valentino play personally.

1 Like

Oh didn’t realise we had released a squad list… So no Juanlu. But Valentino Fattore to start RB for me. :wink: I know it won’t happen but he is a really exciting attacking RB prospect.

4 Likes

I can’t see any way that can be achieved without demolishing the existing stadium.

1 Like

Agreed on the circumstances and justification, they were unfortunate. That was for the sake of the argument though - to say it never happened or only once was wrong. It happened a few times and we’re still susceptible to it, the match against Bilbao showed that. So my ‘fear’ is legit :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

That’s massive and our attack is boosted. We have the defensive options to cope without acuna and montiel as shown against atleti. Let’s do this! Vamos!

1 Like

Yeah you are correct with what you said. It had happened 3 times and we had a bit of luck to avoid it again. I’m hopeful this won’t happen tonight as this isn’t vintage Barca anymore but of course anything can happen. Let’s prove again we have come of age for games like this now. Vamos!

Huge match. Kounde at RB was working with Ocampos late in the match last week. I like him in that spot. I don’t know if we see YEN yet, but maybe? I think one of our young guys will have to step up today. Luismi might get a run out.

3 Likes
  • We’re better off playing Barca now
  • We’d have been better off playing Barca back in September

0 voters

I’m curious what people think

1 Like

We were healthier in September. They had a shittier manager in September. They have more injuries now.

If we win with our skeleton roster against their savior, Xavi, the win will mean more to the national media.

3 Likes

Thanks for the tip on the 2 for 1 shirt deal Jim, made order online to pick it up at the store, just confirmed and arrived, we are getting them before the game :wink:

4 Likes
2 Likes

I’m excited and kinda anxious about this game. We are definitely the favorites in this game imo, but Barça do have several tricks up their sleeves so I hope the boys don’t get complacent.

All in all, I think we can get the win today. Vamos Sevilla!!!

5 Likes

I’d prefer Kounde at RB to stop the threat of Jordi Alba. It’s probably one of their only dangers available other than Dembele.

8 Likes

Yeah Kounde did really well at right back and with Navas and montiel still out it’s probably our best option.

I’m confident that rekik and Carlos would be okay in the centre together .

It’s a tricky one though as of course kounde and carlos are the dream team at centre back but I feel this rotation is necessary for the reason you say. Kounde is also dangerous at getting forward too and can hurt Barca with his pace.

4 Likes

I just can’t imagine we risk YEN with the break coming up. Unless we want him to fake an injury to get out of January duty haha.

3 Likes

I think YEN will get minutes, not many though.
Right on cue it starts raining.

2 Likes

Did you go @TimSpence2 ?

1 Like