M38: Sevilla FC vs Athletic Club [21/22]

The final matchday of the season is here, as it may also be the final game with Sevilla for a few individuals. The pressure of qualifying for the Champions League is finally behind us, with a chance to finish 3rd still on the table. Now with the weight off their shoulders, will this match play out any differently than the others in 2022?

#VamosMiSevilla
#NuncaTeRindas
#The7MillionEuroGame

6 Likes

Thank god this season is wrapping up! No Martial in the final matchday, what a waste of 6 mil. As Edi mentioned, a few faces could be playing, benching or managing their last match with the club. Javi Diaz is the only first-team roster player that has an expiring contract.

3 Likes

On one hand I’d like to see Bono get a standing ovation from the RSP, but on the other hand I don’t wanna risk him lose the Zamora…

3 Likes

How different will this starting XI look next season? :confounded:

3 Likes

I think Jordan, Acuña, Tecatito, Lamela and Bono will continue, worried about D.Carlos, Koundé, Rafa Mir and maybe Papu. The rest can go at the right price.

1 Like

I’m already prepared for the others, but this one would break me.

4 Likes

We’re going to sell so we’ll have to dab kleenex around our eyes for one or more of our best players, but I’ll be weeping more for players like Papu that don’t bring in a lot of $$$

If Lope stays, I’d expect quite a lot of the squad to remain. That might change with a new manager.

Our most important players I’d hope we can keep are Bono, Navas, Montiel, Kounde, Carlos, Acuna, Fernando, Papu, Lamela, Ocampos, YEN and Rafa. I’d be open to offers for other players.

I’m bracing myself for Kounde to leave but would be disappointing if Carlos followed.

Goalkeeper and defence and wingers is all good with me but midfield is glaringly obvious where we need to improve and a quality forward that can score 20 plus goals which we’re badly lacking.

2 Likes

Let’s end the season on a high! Vamos sevilla!

2 Likes

I forgot Lopetegui was suspended for this match :sweat_smile:

Foreshadowing? :eyes:

5 Likes

Haha :pray: Maybe that’s why the crowd are in such good voice

3 Likes

Why was that a yellow for Jordan?

1 Like

Raul Garcia asked nicely I imagine.

3 Likes

Lucky escape after some bad defending. Hand ball against Berchiche keeps it 0 - 0.

1 Like

It’s Del Cerro’s last game before he retires, just needs to spike Sevilla one final time.

1 Like

We are playing different without the pressure to achieve Champions, but it’s not quite a catharsis. We’re really dodgy because of the defensive system, we could play long ball out of defence and go much better, the system costs us.

1 Like

UK La Liga feed via Premier Sports is a goals show, so only seeing short clips of the Sevilla game :expressionless:

1 Like

Would be nice if Villareal did it on their own force.

2 Likes

A goals show shouldn’t even see any clips from a Sevilla game

6 Likes

Oh En-Nesyri

1 Like