M35: Real Madrid vs Sevilla FC [20/21]

We can put it in our heads that this game has less meaning, but what would we have done if given the opportunity for the title? Although not completely out of the running, it would take quite the miracle to overtake all 3 teams and win it all with 4 games remaining. A near-full squad of 23 players were called up for tonight’s match in Madrid. Lopetegui will have to watch from the stands after his 5th yellow at the end of last week’s defeat to Athletic Bilbao. Despite that, will his team have the resolve to make an impact on this title race?

#WeAreSevilla
#NuncaTeRindas

4 Likes

Nunca the rinde!! I think that the chances are very slim but it would awesome to have a top 3 finish. Looking at the salaries of the top 4 right now I think it says volumes about Sevilla and Lopetegui. I think this is just the beginning of a new era in La Liga!

2 Likes

It’s telling that Madrid have their referees situated for this game and it extends to the VAR so we’ll be playing against 13 tonight.

Big factor could be the weather with rain and a strong wind.

1 Like

They are missing entire four defenders, let’s take advantage of it.

For the first time this year we will play without striker, probably Papu at false 9. I like the idea, but i don’t know how it will turn out.

1 Like

Is it really best to experiment in such a crucial fixture such as this?

Like you said, I like the idea but maybe it’s best to save the experiments for games not against Real Madrid

2 Likes

How are we feeling about this game

2 Likes

Hmm… quite weird but it’s ok to experiment at this point with nothing to play for and 4th secured. We’ve performed terribly against big teams this season playing with a striker… so who knows? I’m quite skeptical that it would work though, let’s see.

4 Likes

Nervous. This is an important game, could decide the title, would mean that the two active super league clubs would have almost no chance at the title at all

2 Likes

Perhaps Ocampos at striker, which i believe @TimSpence2 has been waiting to see. But i also remember him trying Suso central vs Atletico at the Wanda. Maybe Lope goes with that w Papu & Ocampos on the flanks.

VAMOS CHICOS!

5 Likes

Same here. I believe in our boys tho I think this’ll be a low scoring game maybe 1-1 or something

3 Likes

Seems like an interesting time to start experimenting, but I hope it turns into a win!

2 Likes

It’s a game without much pressure for us, so we usually do good when there’s less to no pressure, but RM have the title in their own hands and everything depends on them, so I expect a very aggressive RM from the start, going for 2 goals and counting on the refs as always. Not many chances for us to get anything from this one but hopefully it will be an interesting match until the end at least.

4 Likes

Right now we’re thinking about the absence of our two main strikers and what Lope’s plan is. Has he got fed up with the usual combinations or is it just a tactical move?

It is OK, although I’m not convinced it’s totally experimental, we play all combinations in training.

I have been looking forward to it … but what a game to try it out !!!

2 Likes

Perhaps he’s trying to throw off Zidane? He would probably expect YEN or LDJ at striker but he’s decided to go with a different system

2 Likes

Only question is how well do the players know the new system, something he has never wanted to be done, suddenly has to work? for sure he will throw off RM, but he might even throw ourselves off. Let’s find out tho. Let’s win for Atleti!!

1 Like

We’re also playing for 3rd place and entry into the Supercopa.

1 Like

Vamos sevilla! I just hope we play well.

Oh dear :man_facepalming:t5:

2 Likes

Benzene scores

1 Like