M34: Sevilla FC vs Athletic Club [20/21]

Diego Carlos goes into the book, fouls Villalibre right outside the area. Thankful it wasn’t Acuña or any other part of our back line

Don’t like this free kick chance, good change for athletic to score

1 Like

Right into the wall, thank god

Unai Simon turning into prime Buffon :roll_eyes:

4 Likes

Who said this goalkeeper was crap?

I admit he was crap last month but today?

2 Likes

Acuna and ocampos were impressive in that half. YEN looking sharp again. We playing decent but Bilbao are never easy. They well organised and dangerous on counter.

We just have to be patient. Suso and papu played decent too and find good pockets of space. Was a very competitive game but we were on top but couldn’t convert.

Big 45 minutes coming up. Vamos!

2 Likes

I thought the same but the replay shows the defender had the touch.

2 Likes

Too many missed chances, some better and some half-chances, but still… we should’ve scored in the first half. It can cost us with this tricky Bilbao team, although we’re much better than them and totally dominating, you never know.

We should still aim for more than one goal to be sure, but anything will do as soon as we get the 3 points. Not winning tonight against this uninspired and weaker than usual Bilbao side is unacceptable.

1 Like

Bilbao’s defender had the touch but YEN already made his mind to pass rather than shoot, even if the defender wouldn’t have touched the ball. Quite weird judgement there by YEN.

1 Like

Sevilla vastly superior, no need for Jordan because Raki could be the difference in this game.

3 Likes

Hmm… Raki seemed lost sometimes in the midfield but I don’t think Jordan could contribute something more than him in this match. Maybe Oliver later on? I don’t know… the midfield needs a bit more fluidity because we’re heavily relying on the flanks. We’ve also been a bit susceptible to counters.

1 Like

You did. Or Brian?

He is an excellent keeper. :joy: Shame he won’t ever leave Athletic Club.

1 Like

two thirds of the time, thats a penalty no? hand was a bit loose. Carlos latest penalty against was lighter. But okey.

3 Likes

Damn - first chance for RFEF to chime in on the title race there? 100% handball.

2 Likes

Sorry but no, that’s a slur on me.

What do you expect? They don’t want us to win the league

It was a penalty for Madrid or Barcelona. But we have Gil Manzano as referee and Del ‘Zero’ Grande on VAR.

1 Like

This is going to be the most important half hour of the season for Sevilla. A draw and Sevilla are probably out of the race.

1 Like

Call me pessimistic, but I don’t think we have any chance at the title. La liga is corrupt and will do their best to stop us, no matter what. If we play against 12 men every match, what chance do we have?

Ocampos trying to pull a Diego Carlos

3 Likes

Well you can’t just blame RFEF for us not creating much more. Without looking at Barcelona or Real. Terrible mentality in my opinion.

3 Likes