M33: Real Sociedad vs Sevilla FC

Lopetegui Press Conference advance

El Sevilla will continue to seek victories with a one goal margin and will also rely on passes to Bono when we have no idea what to do. We will also introduce Gudelj in such cases.

in the unlikely event that we are losing in the ultimate minutes we’ll send Bono up to solve the problem. We will also continue to confuse the opponents with strange substitutions that nobody can understand.

6 Likes

What’s this news about a breakaway European league to challenge uefa champions league, it’s certainly megabucks and I would welcome competition for the crusty old corrupt officials.

3 Likes

It 100% won’t happen. It’s just a tiny portion of the population that want that, no way they’ll actually do that

4 Likes

I am a very tiny portion of the population :grin: But I agree that Uefa will do everything they can to spike it. Personally I’d like competition between the ruling bodies. I’m not sure the general population would be against a league format but I can’t see it co-existing with Champions league, there aren’t enough days in the week.

[EDIT] Thinking that Barcelona are desperate for cash and a many others after the pandemic.

2 Likes

So… we are currently 17 points clear of fifth, with only 21 points still to play for. :poop: still have yet to play, don’t know how it will turn out, but if they lose, it remains 17 with 21 to play. We are in a fantastic spot right now, and the champions league is all but secured.

4 Likes

Yes, it’s primarily because of $. Billions are going to be involved and there’s a chance it could happen, however, it would spark a beef with UEFA and FIFA so it won’t be that easy. Also it would be a huge shame if Sevilla is not planned to be part of it if it ultimately happens.

4 Likes
4 Likes

Here’s what UEFA have to say on it.

https://www.uefa.com/insideuefa/med…he-english-football-association-the-premier-/

If these clubs want to join their own “elite” league, then good riddance is what I think. They will soon become bored with playing each other every few weeks, as will the paying public.

5 Likes

So it seems that PSG and Bayern didn’t participate as they were acknowledged for it in the statement. That leaves: Man City, Man Utd, Liverpool, Chelsea, Arsenal, Tottenham, RM, Barca, Atletico (argh!), Juventus, Milan and Inter.

I really don’t understand what Arsenal and Tottenham are doing there… from a football perspective not pure marketing one. If they really wanted to do a top bombastic super European league then only the following teams should have participated:

Man City, Man Utd, Liverpool, Barca, RM, Sevilla, Juventus, Inter, PSG, Bayern - that’s it! We totally deserve it more than Atletico considering that we almost privatized the EL tournament - or if you want to go with 4 from EPL then add Chelsea and 4 from La Liga add Atletico. But then again, I don’t naturally see us as part of these deals anytime soon.

3 Likes

Why would you even want us involved in it?

1 Like

I’m against the supear league, but if they wanted to do it properly, we should be there too. However, it is obviously not done properly and we should stay away from it. The ‘threat’ from UEFA tells a lot why.

3 Likes

On the bright side, we could be the new dominant force in La Liga from the next season + all of our players will play for their NT’s :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Funny FIFA have said they won’t endorse it and any players who take part won’t be eligible to play for their countries.

3 Likes

On the plus side, we’re favorites to win la liga

5 Likes