M32: Sevilla FC vs Granada CF [20/21]

You know what will happen don’t you? We will go on to win the League, then the League will decide to void the season, citing some bollocks about Real Madrid, Barcelona and Atlético destroying the integrity of the League and there are no deserving winners or some bollocks.

3 Likes

If Sevilla get 3 points every game left I think they’ll win La Liga. 3 points 6 games in a row is extremely difficult but completely possible.

4 Likes

Vamos! Let’s keep it up!

5 Likes

I think it’s informative to understand that none of our mechanical play created the goal, it was a maestro touch by Ocampos that opened the opportunity. I wonder what we could do without the robotic discipline.

5 Likes

Papu finding all kinds of space today.

6 Likes

De Jong much better in tight spaces to set up chances like that. Here’s where his selection by Lope works.

4 Likes

Yep great hold up play combined with the shot accurate passes lead to some space and opportunities.

3 Likes

This. I just want to see them loosen up a bit. Sometimes we make it harder than it seems.

3 Likes

I guess we’re improving somewhat in generating chances from all the possession we’re having. Would love another goal to show for it, but we’re getting there. 2nd half might present us with counters, so may become easier to unlock that defense.

2 Likes

Very controlled match by us, Papu and Acuna best on the pitch.

3 Likes

Without the robotic discipline Sevilla would probably score more goals and give up more goals. It’s hard to tell if they’d have more points in La Liga or less. Hard to argue being currently 3 points or less behind Barca, Real and Atleti, though.

3 Likes

Just looking for a natural evolution from the rudimentary play. I was hoping Papu could help us get there. And perhaps Bryan Gil next season, who’s capable of being explosive.

1 Like

Possession has been flowing more freely than normal, Granada plays a big role in this tho, how they play zones quite bad but us having a good speed on the ball and Papu finding good spaces as well play a big role, some very nice dynamic triangles.

De Jong does his job well indeed, almost getting that nice heading chance in there too, would be deserved for him.

2 Likes

Yes I understand, I’ve got mixed feelings about the style. We go forward it goes to the wing, if nothing creates it goes back to the centre, then back to the same wing or the other. We never go through the middle, just wait for corners, free-kicks, penalties and slip ups, plus the open spaces late in the game. It seems to work but do we need that for Osasuna, Huesca and Elche?

2 Likes

I’m no expert. For me, discipline under Simeone is how Atleti got where they are. Barca and Real Madrid with their galacticos can free flow all day and win trophies. I’m not sure anyone else in La Liga can win a trophy without discipline.

3 Likes

Rakitic outside of his great PK has been struggling, today, imo. He’s clearly lost a step. Unfortunately his passing sharpness has dropped off as well. Seems like a depth player for bottom of the table starts at this point, unfortunately.

2 Likes

Vamos!!! A beauty the whole way through

3 Likes

Wow !!!

3 Likes

That’s a great goal

2 Likes

Looks like Ocampos has picked up a knock on the ankle scoring that. Actually more like a ‘pisoton’ but his face did not have the joy of having scored.

2 Likes