M31: Villarreal vs Sevilla [2019-20]

You think he has market value left?

2 Likes

Makes you wonder what went wrong there.

2 Likes

It’s still in our hands, if we continue winning nobody can overtake us.

4 Likes

I’ll take the point. At least we slowed their run down, but now we have to capitalize on these winnable games.

I hate it that we can end the game like this, and look like we did in the 1st half. Like, what team did i watch?!

We will go a few steps backwards if a suitable replacement doesn’t come.

!!!

1 Like

It was barely a touch on the boot but it would have been penalty backed by VAR.

2 Likes

… error

The positive thing is that we still haven’t lost in the post-pandemic mini-season. The overall enthusiasm surely isn’t there for most of the players, but it will be good as long as we hold on to that 4th spot, somehow!

I’m looking forward to the EL mini-tournament as well.

3 Likes

I think we are more attack-minded when we play 3 at the back when Fernando drops in which allows the FB’s to get forward, and the 2 wide forwards go inverted to support the central areas and draw defenders away. It worked great against Barca and it seemed to have been positive in the latter stages tonight also

2 Likes

Monchi’s expensive signing still doesn’t work.
Kounde could be an exception, but I won’t put high hopes on En Nesyri.
Rony is a flop and Suso only work with specific tactics, could be a waste of money if we’re required to sign him with top4 finish.

That has been common opinion in the past, but I think it’s a bit unfair to say that right now because the market value of Ocampos, Diego Carlos and Koundé are all astronomic, more than wipes out any loss on Rony Lopes.

En Nesyri is probably a ‘can’t lose’ investment, he’s got immense growth potential and if he fails miserably due to ’ (*1) doesn’t fit the system’ then we’ll still recoup the investment.

But I think time might be up for Rony Lopes because football beomes more demanding each year.

(*1) = Another different dicussion.

1 Like

We surely overpaid for him, but Monchi was in a pickle with Chicharito moving on. We only had De Jong up top. I’m not sure he’s in a Sevilla uniform next year. I can see us selling him for a loss or loaning him out for sure.

Suso is on loan, unless we drop the cash, so hard to count that as a miss. He actually showed really well before the break. Rony sucks and should get booted at first opportunity. Other than that, Monchi landed some stellar business in the offseason.

2 Likes

A decent point against an in form Villareal side. I would have taken that and still unbeaten since we’ve resumed the season.
Three winnable games coming up now that should ensure we’re well on course for a top 4 finish.

2 Likes

It’s possible but I really, really, really don’t see either happening.

1 Like