M3: Elche CF vs Sevilla FC [21/22]

Acuña is a legend today

8 Likes

I think 2 or 3 yellows go to Elche for protesting the YEN goal but VAR says Okydokey.

3 Likes

God damned my internet totally skipped the whole goal and all of its replays

3 Likes

Nice one YEN! That’s massive for us! We had a rocky start but grew into the game more. I hope we can build on this.

4 Likes

Got a feeling Elche are going to be our new Eibar.

2 Likes

We’re dominating, but not creating good chances - the game is not flowing that well, but still ok enough to beat Elche in the second half. The draw in the first one was very important, now we should go for the kill and we’ll need Papu and Lamela for that.

Rekik (90%) and Bono (10%) at fault for the first goal there. Rekik is not a starter material and has never been, not in CB and let alone as a LB. Never ever ever!

If we sell Kounde then we definitely need two more CB’s - if we keep Kounde we definitely need another CB to complement for Kounde and DC, can’t rely on Rekik in more important matches.

We should be able to win it. Beautiful cross by Acuna and a beautiful goal by YEN!

5 Likes

Suso very poor also. Jordan and Rakitic so-so. We need more pace asap!

1 Like

Top class!

2 Likes

Crucial to get that equaliser before half time. Now let’s go and win it in the second half!

6 Likes

Suso needs to perform better, if he wants to play in the first eleven. This is not good enough.

3 Likes

Phenomenal header from En-Nesyri, nice timing for the equaliser.
With Papu and Lamela on early in second half we should have more control and go on to win. Hopefully the changes will come soon enough

3 Likes

What a lamentable system we play, feeding crumbs forward while basing our plan in the attrition of wearing down the enemy for the second part. Quite a few long balls for YEN but not from defence, from midfield ??? few reached him but on those that did he looked pretty useful. Then he took the header real well. I don’t think Oscar looks up to the job on the left. Quite a few players seem slightly below level.

Let’s see if we can bag more goals in the second half.

5 Likes

But you expect it to be more of a competition no? A rival like Lamela should boost Suso, who did the full pre season and just looks exhausted and slow. Not even close, its sad.

2 Likes

Papu for Jordan or
Lamela for Suso?

Which should come first?

1 Like

Love how Nesyri is attacking those balls. Close to the tap in, was a difficult one.

3 Likes

I would like to see Lamela first, Jordan can be a creative but needs moving projectiles in front of him. Lamela can be that person while Suso just sticks to the side-line

2 Likes

Might be Papu for Oscar (or Raki but I think Raki looks OK)

1 Like

I’d say legendary play is pretty common from Acuna

3 Likes

Papu for Rakitic, Lamela for Suso at the same time for me.

2 Likes

Let’s start integrating, Montiel & Lamela on the right from the start. Navas and Suso is not cutting it.

1 Like