M28: Sevilla v Betis [2019-20]

Professional job done, the right team won really. Sevilla so dominating, could have been about 4 or 5 on another day.

Betis were extremely painful to watch though, that team needs ripping up and starting again.

Ocampos by about 700 miles the best player on the pitch, Munir looked decent, the back line solid. I liked what I saw briefly from Suso when he came on too, you can see he is quite direct and wants to get in on goal.

3 Likes

Struggled to find our footing in the 1st half, but we were still the superior team. Our defence looked like how we started the season. Fernando was immense once again.

Anybody notice Navas playing a bit more withdrawn? Iā€™m sure heā€™s looking to play every game so heā€™s being more conservative.

3 points in the bag! Onto Levante. :call_me_hand:

3 Likes

Really enjoyed that tonight guys. Great to get to know everyone and it was a lot of fun :slight_smile: Even better that we won convincingly too.

We dominated the match from start to finish. Like we discussed I canā€™t remember :poop: having a clear chance. Ocampos was once again the star man. Thought everyone performed well though in difficult circumstances after a long break, worry of being rusty and of course no fans. I loved the passion shown by players when we scored. They celebrated like the fans were there and they did the fans and club proud tonight.

We have cemented our position in 3rd. Did the double over :poop: which is sweet. We can relax now and see how our rivals get on. Great to have footy and la liga back! Vamos Sevilla!!

4 Likes

Ocampos man of the match for me closely followed by Munir and Kounde. The weak link was Jordan all he did was give the ball away. :poop: were never in the game and looked very ring rusty, I expected much more of a threat from them.
Great to start to the mini season with a win especially against our neighbours, it means that we hold on to 3rd place no matter what happens in the other games this weekend.

A question for those of you outside Spain who watched the game on tv. Did you get the crowd noise and the stands full of fans special effects, or was it empty seats and no noise?
The reason I ask is that I had the choice of 2 channels to watch the game via my satellite system namely La liga tv who had the empty seats and no noise and La Liga tv Bar that I watched which is the subscription channel for bar owners who had the far better effects. Just wondering which version went out worldwide.

On another note I loved the sense of humour of the guy in charge of the pa system.
After the game when Barta was being interviewed by the tv presenter on the pitch, all you could hear was itā€™s a heartache by Bonnie Tyler blasting out of the stadium speakers as the Sevilla players celebrated in front of the empty nth goal as if all the Biris were thereā€¦ :joy: :joy: :smile:

4 Likes

Crowd noise and superimposed supporters on La Liga TV in the UK. Occasionally due to angles the supporters would end up imposed the wrong way or over the top of things like banners. :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Yep they had their teething problems with the superimposed fans, but hopefully it will get sorted. Still far better than the bits of the German league i have seen.

1 Like

Hey there good to see the activity here as always. Watched the game in a bar last night, but I imagined it was good fun on here too. For me it was a classic result game like we had so many. Not that many clear cut chances except for some opportunistic strikes/headers. Compared to betis we were good and in control.and I havenĀ“t been as worried as other days, they felt really worse to me then anything else.

The goals again, seems like we havenĀ“t lost our good relationship with the VAR. Giving us that necesary push in our backs, and another set piece to make it 2-0. DonĀ“t wanna be too negative since this game actually is just about winning, and we did it, we did it well.

Also Fernando, thanks for being on our team. Such a player still.

4 Likes

There was one moment in the second half where he beat a man and played a marvellous ball out to the right wing, and I sat there thinking I donā€™t ever remember this guy being this good at Manchester City. :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Was a bit under the weather, slept right after the match was finished. Great job that we got the 3 points. Definitely felt weird without the fans, just like Bundesliga matches before, but those fan effects made it a bit better.

I am almost totally disconnected from this season and it will take some time before focus returns. If we keep a top 4 spot, that would be more than enough.

4 Likes

He had Yaya & Fernandinho doing that for him. I feel JordƔn has some difficulty playing in a midfield-3, so Fernando has begun to advance the ball a bit more.

Itā€™s gonna be a weird season to assess. We essentially had a summer break. These 10 remaining rounds are like pre-season (which we usually do well in,) and it wonā€™t be the typical conclusion that weā€™re accustomed to (thank God.) Even our assessment of player performances might be skewed.

Hearing that phrase doesnā€™t sound as harmless anymore. Hope you get better soon. :muscle:

3 Likes

Fernando is definitely our unsung hero. Heā€™s a maestro in midfield. He can play well as a defensive midfielder and offer great protection to the defence. Does the box to box role well. However, since moving to us from City heā€™s now much better at getting forward too. Scored a few goals and been involved in setting up goals too.

Heā€™s had a very good season. Ocampos and Fernando have definitely been our 2 key players. Hopefully we can keep them fit for remainder of the season.

2 Likes

I was at the coast with just mobile connection and would have loved to participate in the zoom chat but couldnā€™t, looking forward to the next one. I was using the official Movistar application to pass wifi to a laptop. At the same time I was using another mobile to with a pirate application and passed it through screen sharing to a 48" TV. The pirate app worked better, not for the first time, never cut-out once but was running 20 seconds behind the official Moviestar app.

Sevilla were great, while Fernando is showing what a great player he is, all the growth potential lies with Ocampos, Diego Carlos and Kounde and it is really quite awsome to see the power they have and the development theyā€™re undergoing with Sevilla. We are going to worry a lot of opposing teams.

4 Likes

Iā€™ve noticed, heā€™s played some real pearls at the right time but it seems only us Brits realise what heā€™s doing.

2 Likes

I still donā€™t get what Bartra was moaning about. It was soft but he definitely shoved De Jong unnecessarily, and even after VAR confirmed it he still had the cheek to question the decision.

1 Like

Heā€™s got form for that, earlier this season a home defeat was down to him. Heā€™s just got worse with :poop:.

Granada come from 0-1 to defeat Getafe 2-1

1 Like