M25: Sevilla FC vs FC Barcelona [20/21]

It’s the 2nd part of this Sevilla-Barcelona trilogy, where there could be more at stake than just a podium finish. The league title has come into play since these last two sides met. In a matchday that features all teams in the top 6 playing against each other, things can fall favourably for the club from Nervión. With the 2nd leg of the Copa Semi-Final just days away, these kinds of matches can always give managers a chance to present their opponents with a different proposition. The previous victory against Barça means that Lopetegui has finally beaten a team from the Big 3. Can he also get it done in the league?

#VamosMiSevilla
#NuncaTeRindas

8 Likes

Let’s win this… why not?

10 Likes

Let’s go lads! :muscle:t3::muscle:t3::muscle:t3:

4 Likes

Hate that I can’t watch, Good Luck Boys, have fun and make us proud!!

6 Likes

23 man squad, no Ocampos or Acuña but everyone else available.

I predict…

Bono

J. Navas
Kounde
D. Carlos
Escudero

Jordan
Fernando
Rakitic

Suso
YEN
Papu

Personally would go with Vidal at RB, Oli at LCM and Munir at LW.

3 Likes

Looking forward to this game. Be very interesting to see which Barca team turn up also.

Great chance to go above them, with a game in hand :+1:

1 Like

Suso doesn’t make starting 11, De Jong does.

5 Likes

I think it’s the right choice to drop YEN. He hasn’t looked himself yet and it’s good to rotate so he doesn’t get complacent.

I’m feeling like this is gonna be a 2-1 win for Sevilla, feeling really confident about this game

4 Likes

5 Likes

This is a huge couple of games for us! Let’s do this! Vamos sevilla!

4 Likes

Our objective in la liga is 4th or higher and we’re comfortable in 4th right now, with a cushion below and a game in hand, so my worry is that the game doesn’t get the push it deserves because of a cup semi on Wednesday.

4 Likes

Oliver and Vidal instead of Rakitic and Navas. Again the same mistake from Lope. Hopefully we’ll at least not lose this one as I’m afraid they’ll go all guns blazing from the beginning to scare us for the CDR match.

6 Likes

Agree. I think we night regret going with Raki if we get bogged down in midfield.

Barca 2:1 favourite
Sevilla 3:1
Draw 7:2

3 Likes

Rakitic has shown up against Barcelona so far. Hopefully he does the same today.

This is as important a match as there can be.

Barcelona with the formation switch. Three CBs in the lineup.

3 Likes

What was that from Kounde there? Ball just had to go, tried to do a silly little dummy and got pickpocketed by Dembele.

Apparently we are remembering Antonio Puertas in the 16th minute according to the commentator on La Liga TV. :roll_eyes: Not sure why we would be remembering the Granada player but OK. :man_facepalming:t2:

1 Like

:man_facepalming:t5:

1 Like

Oh so apparently you can win the ball and it’s a foul :man_shrugging:t5:

1 Like

Fuck sake Bono use your fucking Right foot! :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

1 Like

Bit of an amber alert already with the referee.
And Sevilla need to use the right flank more, Munir is getting crowded out on the left.

1 Like