M23: Celta Vigo v Sevilla [2019-20]

No one had a good game. Perhaps only Youssef, who tracked back a lot to cover positions. Ocampos had his worst game, Suso couldn’t make much happen. And with Vázquez back in that #10 role, this looked a lot like how we played under Montella.

Big problems in midfield. Who knows what Lope wants them to do anymore. Jordán was as lost as ever. He’s always looked clumsy to me, but now he’s misplacing passes for fun.

We can’t build an attack to save our lives. Only capitalizing on the opponent’s mistakes.

So now we got Espanyol at home. We gonna gift points to them too?? Pitiful shit.

3 Likes

No comment…

3 Likes

:poop: are winning… :eyes:

Lol.

What is it with us and the 2nd half of the seasons?

1 Like

Losing to a second tier team in the Cup, and then this…Even the bottom of the league poses threat to Sevilla…
Only thing that I enjoyed was the performance of Okay Yokuslu, one of two Turkish Nationals playing in La Liga…The other is Enes Unal of Valladolid…

1 Like

More like what is with us and mediocre coaches who melt down in the 2nd half of the season.

His performance in the middle of the park was pretty pleasing, breaking up attacks and recycling possession. He is 25 and 6’3, could he be a potential signing for Sevilla?

The first half was not too bad when we had Nesyri up front, Ocampos on the left and we were playing balls up through the middle. It was a breath of fresh air.
However once De jong and Banega came on & Ocampos was moved to the right we reverted to the same old predictable, boring routine of the ball played out of defence every time to Banega who only sees the one pass to Navas on the right. Ocampos makes an overlap, receives the ball, passes back to Navas who then crosses it for De Jong to stand still and watch the ball sail past.
I’m getting sick of this move throughout every game and considering having a lie in Sunday morning rather than making an early trip to Sevilla for the 12:00 kick off.

2 Likes

I’m getting fed up of watching Vaclik watch the ball go past him and trickle into the net. His foot out attempt for the winner yesterday, he should have been diving low to his left, instead he put all his weight to the right and stuck a tame little foot out hoping the ball might hit it.

We have some really excellent players, but they are carrying some right old donkeys along the way now. Vaclik, Banega, Mudo, De Jong to name but a few.

What’s sad is that under Emery, we at least had a very competitive and serious team, although tough luck and a mentality thing with the away matches especially in the 2015-16 season. Even though we haven’t won an away game that season, we still managed to win the EL, and beat Liverpool in a dramatic final. I could never ever see the current team with the current manager pull something of that nature. Simply, hopeless!