M20: Real Madrid v Sevilla [2019-20]

I disagree, I liked Rico more, that´s a goalkeeper who´s actually surprised me with some saves, maybe not always as secure. But he actually saved some balls i thought were nuts, he impressed me.

Vaclik, gets 3 shots on target a game and plenty of the goals that go in, its like so savable, with these 50 centimetre shots away from them and just neglecting to react. and more often than not he tries to watch the ball out of the goal hoping it goes wide or over, instead of going for that dive atleast and make sure. Then lets not forget Vacliks terrible aerial pressence. Im not a fan. Hope we get a different GK soon.

I hate to say it but Vicente Guaita would be fantastic for SFC.

1 Like

I’ve always been a fan of Ruben blanco. Always seem to keep celta in ties when they were struggling.

Rico was really solid for one season only, that season he saved shots left and right and was consistent, his displays got him his first and only Spanish cap. The next season he was shaky as anything and was extremely error-prone, his delivery was near non-existent which led us to buy Vaclik in the first place.

He got a chance in the Premier League last season for Fulham but also let in a ton of goals, the defense around him was bad but he was culpable for a bunch of goals too. This and him willing to look for a perm deal at PSG despite being a bench-warmer shows he is not going to be a first-rate keeper.

Vaclik’s development here is a bit like Rico’s, a good start followed by a loss of form and confidence, I agree his aerial presence is poor and that could be down to his height of 6’2. I won’t mind Bono coming in for a few games given he has La Liga experience and some of us have rated him in the past.

3 Likes