M20: Real Madrid v Sevilla [2019-20]

Our second had too be canceled. VAR is so funny lol. Compensation for the first one who actually should have counted

1 Like

Damn damn! Madrid 2-1

The thing you have with the Jong, I have with Vaclik. Fucking useless… All I see.

This team doesn’t know how to attack. Plain and simple. We’ve been playing cautious all season, that urgency never resonates among the players.

He’s been suspect ever since the Slavia Prague debacle.

Kounde has been crap today.
Rony Lopez looks like a failure for sure.
I think Monchi should rethink their tactics on expensive players.

1 Like

Aside from the routine Madrid home VAR advantage we gave a good fight for around 75 minutes.

First goal was a stroke of genius from Jovic, if only our strikers had that.

De Jong scored because he wasn’t looking at the net, just pure instinct.

The second goal I’m not sure whether to pin the blame on Kounde or Gudelj.

I would say we can hold our own defensively but on offence we are really lost. En-nesyri was thrown in the deep end so not much he can do on his first game but Lopes played a disappearing act, Vazquez did a good shift in the first half but again was almost unseen in the second. We missed Jordan in this game. Vaclik could’ve done better on the first goal but he was left to dry for the second and also managed to keep a Kroos effort out to keep the scoreline decent.

Knowing our record at the Bernaboo I threw another -0.5/-1 handicap on Real, pretty straightforward really.

3 Likes

Disappointing to lose that one in the end! Although we did better than I expected to be honest! We held our own but our problems as been the case all season is goals and creating more.

We need to improve that quickly if we want top 4!

1 Like

Lopetegui is proving again and again what a dumb coach he is, one of the weakest in La Liga, just happens to have one of the best squads in La Liga that he cannot properly manage (to have the team show their teeth). En Nesyri should’ve been included right at the start of the second half and Mudo should not have been fielded at all. It never helps having two half-snail half-human players like De Jong and Mudo. De Jong scored twice (the first goal should’ve stood, RFEF robbing us as always, not unexpected) and made up for the lack of pace, but Mudo… even an average La Liga 2 coach would’ve never fielded him again ever in a Sevilla shirt after this performance (unless there are lots of injuries, suspensions etc.)

We haven’t seen much from En Nesyri, but he showed glimpses of brilliance and has the potential to become our second Ocampos.

Ocampos should become more disciplined and not get stupid yellows/reds, that’s the only way we can see him play more until the remainder of the season.

If they’re all fit and not suspended and if we do not sign/loan in any other striker, then I’d like to see this attacking combo as a first choice: En Nesiry, Munir and Ocampos (any order that genius Lopetegui sees fit).

2 Likes

I wouldn’t call that genius, rather a lucky back-pass that could’ve been blocked easy if our defense wasn’t that clumsy in both occasions where we conceded. Our defense let us down in both those times when it was the least needed.

1 Like

Again we faced a weakened Madrid, and again it’s their players who step up to the occasion. Last season it was Modric, now Casemiro.

As great a 1st half Gudelj had, he was at fault on that 2nd goal and gave Casemiro a free header. How do you let him look like Brazilian Ronaldo reincarnated??

2 Likes

Vaclik only blocked that coz the shot was aimed at his body. Wouldn’t complement that. A wooden goalkeeper is gonna ‘’ save’’ some shots as well…

Kroos was smart enough to aim low and Vaclik did save that. I know Vaclik has not been solid since the end of last season but he’s better than Rico and Lope has pretty much decided that Bono is a cup goalkeeper in spite of what he has shown in Girona so Valick is what we’ve got.

Monchi stated that if they had waived off the second goal, he would have pulled the players from the pitch.

1 Like

Decided to record a recap of today’s match. Tell me what you think. Did Lope set us up to fail? (Spoiler alert: YES!)

Real Madrid 2 — 1 Sevilla

2 Likes

How nice Is that shirt BTW.

1 Like

That “foul” for Luuk’s first goal is absolutely pathetic. The Madrid player ran into Gudelj FFS! So what if Nemanja went down holding his face, would we have got a penalty? Probably not! :face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

2 Likes

Better than our actual Away and Third kits that’s for sure.

100%. Was so disappointed when they released the home and away shirt. I don’t mind the away shirt so much. But had all the hype over the new Nike deal and the amazing promo video. Then to have some stock kit wasnt great. You could argue its just a plain black Nike top with the red details. But it looks the part.

Good video mate! Like you I’m still optimistic for the 2nd half of the season. I’m pleased to get that game out the way. Now we can focus on a run of games which are all winnable. Hopefully we start en nesyri and we will have Ocampos and Jordan back.

We still fighting on 3 fronts. The title dream has gone now but we all knew that was unrealistic anyway. However, our top 4 destiny is in our own hands still and we have a lot of tough fixtures out the way now.

In terms of games to come we have a nice set. A great chance to advance in Copa del Rey and Europa league. A nice run of league games against lower level la Liga teams. Now is the time to set another good run going.

As regards to the transfer window I agree. We absolutely need a right back. That would give us better balance to the team and provide Navas with competition, which he needs. I think we need another attacking midfielder or winger. As we need more creativity in the final 3rd. Let’s hope for a couple more additions

Vamos Sevilla!

1 Like

You’re right actually. Militao went down too easily.