M18: Sevilla FC - Real Sociedad [20/21] Match Chat

No Gudelj, i’m surprised.
Is this really the Lope we know?

3 Likes

Damn another save! Almost a forth. What a pass by Oscar to Vidal

1 Like

HUGE three points!

3 Likes

Thanks God Sociedad didn’t score on those corner, they could easily tie or win this crazy match, but we also missed a ton of chances too.

3 Likes

Great result, puts us level with them with 3 games in hand now. :joy: I just hope Tuesday we put on a show like today seeing as I get to watch it.

Might be able to watch a few up coming games to be fair as they are likely to cut train services in the next few weeks, which means more likely for me to be on call.

3 Likes

Anyone want to join for a chat on the Podcast? Recording at 10:30 @ddadogba any chance you can make it?

1 Like

This wasn’t Sevilla typical match. We were bad at some situations in defence, but very positive is that we created more chances then usual. Just hope that everything is ok with Navas. On tuesday very important match. Against Atletico in Madrid was the last match with fans for Sevilla on 7. March 2020

4 Likes

Has been good to read the comments as always guys, for the ones unable to watch.

Very glad we are getting on the right side of the scoreline in these crucial games.

Especially those right from the get go goals, get me hyped up, right at the start of both halves. I like hearing that a lot.

2 Likes

I agree. I want to see more of this team, yet I fear against Atléti we will revert to type and play not to lose. :worried:

We are so far behind them, we might as well play to win, as a loss, even a draw is no good. At least if we beat them it reels them in ever so slightly. :fishing_pole_and_fish:

1 Like

Shame I couldn’t see this match, these early games are hard for me lol

But from what I’ve seen, amazing game from YEN. Hat trick?!

3 Likes

We only got 7 points from our first 6 games, but …

If we continue our present form of 7 wins, 2 draws, 1 defeat (last 10 games) , and add that to the 30 points we have, we will finish on 80 or 81 points. Which is normally 1st or 2nd…

This is a feather in the cap of Lope who has proved his ability to control the mindset of a team and create a discipline to win by hook or crook or boredom.

Added to the Supercopa victory, this has completely restored the reputation of Lope for now. I was concerned about the guy following his brief spell as national coach and then just 2 months in Real Madrid. It suggested that he lacked judgement personally and had few man-management skills. He has come through it all with flying colours, but I can’t say I like the football.

YEN.

I never doubted him for a second, a few of us thought he would be sold or loaned out, now he’s doing the business and our leading goalscorer with 8 years of potential growth in front of him. I know he has some technical limitations but it’s what he can do that’s more important than what he can’t do. Now the problem is if we can hold on to him.

I would like us to go 4-4-2 and try Yen and Ocampos as strikers.

6 Likes

This team has potential, we just need to keep plugging away and winning. I reckon we can still win this league.

I’ve always been a big fan of YEN, and glad he is starting to show what he can do. Last season he took some time to settle, but he should be number one over LdJ now without doubt.

3 Likes

I tuned in 10 minutes into the game expecting nothing else but a normal 0-0 as usual… only to be shocked by the result. So I missed the first 3 goals… what a shame for us scoring and conceding this early :stuck_out_tongue:

Anyway, we were better than Real Sociedad throughout the match, but again, not killing the game off when we were 3-2 almost costed us at the later stages of the game with that amazing line clearance from Kounde.

Youssef En-Hattricky! Amazing performance by him, but without Kounde and Bono the hattrick would’ve been worthless. Every player performed very well in overall and we fully deserved the 3 points. Worried about Navas’ fitness, he must be rested as I said earlier and we should see more of Vidal who thankfully is playing very well in the recent games.

As I predicted, 10 points out of max 15 to be gained from the 5 tough matches (in a row!). So the job is more or less done, but we can surpass that and reach 11 or 13 points when we play Atletico on Tuesday. They have a fitness advantage over us because their match vs. Bilbao was postponed tonight due to heavy snowing in Madrid.

Another good news is that RM drew with Osasuna so even if it’s still a bit early to say, we can talk about winning La Liga again if we beat Atletico on Tuesday night.

P.S. We were denied a clear penalty in the first half (on Jordan) and Guridi of Sociedad deserved a red for that dangerously raised foot on the face of Diego Carlos.

VAMOS MI SEVILLA!!! VAMOS CAMPEON!!!

3 Likes

I did wonder when this might come up… We have the advantage of a decent run and the wind in our sails. Atlético still now have the defeat to Cornellà fresh in their minds. They certainly wouldn’t want us to be their first game to try and make amends after that defeat.

1 Like

Yes, we have the psychological advantage and hopefully it will be superior to their physical freshness advantage. It will all depend on how we’ll approach the game, get on the pitch with the right mentality and we’ll beat them.

1 Like

I still think Lope will play to sneak a win, not go for like a well played win. Which I don´t like but in this game it´s fine. Against Atlético only result matters. Also he is probably happy with a draw, and will bank on the fact that somehow we get something done to put 1 on the scoreboard.

3 Likes
3 Likes
2 Likes