M17: Real Betis v Sevilla FC [20/21]

Navas has to be suffering…

3 Likes

Ocampos was tired to dead as well… more of a just put a fresh guy in

2 Likes

But we have Idrissi, I’d much rather see him.

4 Likes

Yeah when you play every single game of the season you’re not gonna play very well all the time, not good planning from the board

3 Likes

Disgusting.
Being so defensive but still dominate by Betis and allow them create a ton of chance, while fail to create big chances against weakest defense in the league.
I really don’t like this year team, tactics and coach.

9 Likes

Awful match to watch. Betis using their spoiling tactics from start to the finish with their fouls many of which the ref chose to ignore.
But we should have still battered them with at least 5 of their players out.

5 Likes

Not a good start to 2021. First, we have confirmed that we’re still not a serious team, in that we do not create enough chances and are not dangerous enough to beat a team like BetASS.

Second, it is also confirmed that the agenda of RFEF is to have a two horse race between RM and Atletico this season, any other team that threatens this will pay the consequences through puppet referees, like Carlos del Cerro Grande is a corrupt referee that was hired since 2011 to satisfy RFEF as the criminal organization that they are.

So we can only dream of winning La Liga when there is such an RFEF administration and the corruption installed deep into the system.

Some notes: Navas needs to be benched (rested) for at least around a month or so, the guy is obviously not fresh and is just playing for the sake of it. We should make more use of Vidal or if not convinced loan him out or sell him and go for another full back in January (maybe 2 including a LB because of Escudero). We need Navas in full force for the CL match so Lope needs to be brave for once and rest him, only to have him play in the later stages of the match like 75th minute or so.

Bono I love you!

Did I mention that the referee was most likely paid to screw us up in this one? The first penalty was non-existent, as much as Diego Carlos is known to cause stupid penalties, that particular tackle was one of the cleanest in the history of football. The second one of Acuna was 90/10 (for not being a penalty) because Fekir went into Acuna’s leg and not vice versa, so he clearly wanted to get the penalty, it was not a natural tackle and should have not been given. 90% of the referees (those who are competent and not corrupt) wouldn’t give it, the 10% that are, like the one tonight will give it, especially when it goes to the interest of Atletico and Real Madrid.

Carlos Del Cerro Grande is corrupt.

7 Likes

I’m thinking maybe Navas also hate Lope’s philosophy so he’s just playing for the sake of it :thinking:

6 Likes

He looks dead tired and is reportedly having continuous muscular annoyances, the problem with him is that he is mentally very strong and wants to play at all costs, probably pressuring Lope to start him too. This is of course a good problem to have, having such players ready for the team at all times, but it is costing us in performance. We all love Navas and respect him for what he has done and what he is doing for the club, however, some rest has never done any player a harm, especially any 35 year old player with both attack/defense duties that is required to run a lot during the match.

4 Likes

So true, somebody had to say it.

I will do a summary later

4 Likes

I can’t understand the lack of use of Idrissi. What I saw of him in late October / November he looked like be could be useful.

7 Likes

Yeah expectation wise something hasn´t gone very right atleast so far. It can still happen. We paid about 30m for both Idrissi and Oscár. Who together in total played 600 minutes in all leagues combined that´s a lot of hardly used money if you think about it.

3 Likes

Highlights I just saw were all Betis apart from the Suso goal. Nice penalty save from Bono.

I have to say the Red kit looks quality, best of the three this season by far. Have to be pissed if you are Betis players / manager though, Sergio Canales is the regular penalty taker and Fekir apparently made him give him that second Penalty.

I shouldn’t complain, I thought we would only get 5 points from these 5 games, we already have 7, but this was the one game that I earmarked as a definite win for Sevilla.

1 Like

One big problem here was the Betis injuries. Whatever plan Lope had went out of the window because with 9 players down, half the Betis squad could not play. All the detailed planning was for nothing.

Another was the referee, I think the stats were 12 fouls against Betis and 27 against Sevilla, I can’t swear to that because the stats flash up so fast. But the usual thing happened, the ref gave a few soft fouls in favour of Sevilla then turned on Sevilla big-style. The first penalty was no penalty, neither did he consult VAR screen, at the same time the previous throw-in was for Sevilla, no Sevilla player touched the ball on its way out.

The second penalty which was the most clear penalty I’ve seen, possibly ever, the referee consulted the VAR screen with a song and dance about watching the same replay a dozen times before declaring penalty (as though he wasn’t sure). Well call me cynical but that was just massaging his reputation.

But after all is said, it’s a point, and la liga is a marathon not a sprint. Also has to be said that Sevilla were not at their best, and that has to be expected from time to time.

Loved the way Suso took that goal, his second in the same style.
Error to not play YEN from the start. Clearly Sevilla improved going forward in the second half.
Not Acuña’s best game.
Bono magnificent including his post match commentary, he seems an absolute gentleman, calm and collected, an exellent spokesman for the team.

5 Likes

It is funny as a lot was made of the Betis missing players, but their starting XI was as strong as can be really. Maybe one player not a regular, OK their bench was short, but I think we went out with the wrong mentality, almost like we expected we were going to win, and came unstuck when Betis came out all guns blazing. :man_shrugging:t2:

3 Likes

I blame Surrey Sevilla for hyping Betis up

4 Likes

Not sure I did. :rofl:

3 Likes

The draw is disappointing and you always want to beat a rival.

That said, it’s another point and we’re still well placed to potentially get 3rd. So all in all, everything still to play for.

4 Likes
4 Likes