M16: Sevilla FC v Villarreal CF [20/21]

Ocampos making the good play for a match. Suso is nowhere near the level of last game but heck, as long as one of the two wingers are on form Sevilla can get something going. There’s also decent backup in Munir and Idrissi, hope the latter gets some runtime.

Gudelj against Betass is not something I would like, could Jordan play there?

3 Likes

He’s not going to not play his favourite player. :sweat_smile::face_with_hand_over_mouth:

What’s wrong with Ocampos this season? He’s had a good today, but in general he hasn’t been on form like he was last year. Now he usually gets the ball taken off of him and only scores penalties.

1 Like

Two very good saves from Bono. We should be closing this game out now, why are we so open?

Three saves from Bono.

1 Like

Oliver Torres on for Rakitic, slightly surprised as Raki has been much better than JJ today.

1 Like

Careful Sevilla, it’s getting a bit too hot in defence, wrap it up.

2 Likes

It was nice to hope he won’t start him lol, maybe Lope thinks Gudelj bears a physical resemblance to him so playing him makes it look like Lope himself is on the pitch.

Haven’t watched enough games to give a balanced opinion but I think it’s down to teams setting a gameplan against him, now whenever he gets the ball it’s an automatic double-team, would be nice if Ocampos could lob it to better placed teammates but he usually tries to barge through which only gives a foul, he’s also getting the ball in deeper positions meaning he has to cover a longer distance to become a threat.

There’s also the mental stuff others have mentioned like going for the shot when a pass was preferred and vice versa, at the start of the season he thought he was a star and collapsed at the slightest contact, losing possession and giving dumb fouls in the process.

1 Like

Thanks for sharing your thoughts! I think he’s trying to hard to be like Messi for Sevilla I think because like you said he holds onto the ball and tries to dribble which only ends up in him getting dispossessed or winning a useless foul. However, I’m confident he can get back into his top form because he is a hard worker

1 Like

De Jong and Gudelj, what a surprise

3 Likes

Gudelj getting his minutes. :laughing:

1 Like

Hell of a win! Back in Champions League position

4 Likes

Easier than thought vs Villarreal.

6 points gained, 4 more to go with 3 ‘mini-finals’ remaining.

VAMOS!

3 Likes

We should protest, that victory with 2-0 was excessive, should have been 1-0 or 2-1. Now our goddam goal average is improving, something Lope doesn’t give a hoot about.

5 Likes

I’m really happy for this win that move us in the top 4 with less games. A little better game than last few. In terms of creance creation still problems, but until we’re winning I’m happy with it.

3 Likes

A pretty convincing win, thanks to solid defensive and Emery & Parejo sloppy possession football

1 Like

More than being solid, we are a machine, like the Borg.

Great way to close out 2020. Horrible year for the whole world but I’m glad at least Sevilla won a trophy and have done well in the league. Here is to a better new year and more trophies for our great club.

4 Likes

1 Like

I’m quite surprised we won this game actually. Was expecrinf a draw or a loss

1 Like