Let's goooooo Sevilla!

Hi everyone! :raising_hand_man:t2:

I hope everyone is good? Sorry I haven’t been about much lately, I kind of got a bit fed up of football the back end of last season, both watching and playing and needed to take a break from it all. Plus that coincided with baseball season and me starting to play baseball. Add in to that my personal life has been a real shit show for the last 3 months or so to be completely honest and I felt like I needed a bit of a break from a lot of the internet and social media and that.

But I’m back with renewed invigoration, and hopefully we can start to see our team climbing back up the table. I will hopefully start to get back in to the Cantera stuff too, I just need to do a bit of studying on what’s been going on, so expect the SAT group and kits to start taking life again soon.

Be great to catch up with you all, old and new as the season goes on, and of course… VAMOS MI SEVILLA!!! :clap:t3:

All the best for now, Jim.

8 Likes

Hope all is well Jim, always good to see you around here.

It’s great to see spirits lifted again. Things can’t always go well, it’s necessary to fall down to outgrow our past selves. Let’s see where it goes, Vamos mi Sevilla!

4 Likes

Thank you Enrico. Hope everything is good with you my friend. :pray:t3:

4 Likes

Glad to have you back Jim. You are a great member of this forum and always contribute great stuff. I hope all is well and your personal life situation gets better. Stay strong bro!

5 Likes

Thank you Mark. :fist_right:t3:

3 Likes

Happy to have you back mate!

4 Likes

Thanks Shend you miserable sod. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Good to have you back Jim! Sorry, Seattle blew it. We are going to have a series with two teams I hate. At least it’s Hockey season!
How did you get along playing baseball? Any good players over there?

Personal note: I played for 18 years and love the game. I was never good enough to play anywhere significant.

2 Likes

Well we are a decent team. We won the Double A Championship this year then the Double A Champion of Champions tournament. So yeah we are pretty good.

The main team are going up to Triple A next year and I will be playing for the newly formed Double A second team as I haven’t played much yet and they want guys like me to develop.

2 Likes

Nice - all English fellows or do you have some American transplants? What position do you play?

2 Likes

Nice to see you back @SurreySevilla , take it easy, we all need a change now and again. We all see different things in football, and we need to pool that knowledge, in your case it’s qute wide with other European leagues. Viva la familia.

4 Likes

Only myself and a couple of other Brits. An American, a Ugandan, loads of Dominicans etc.

When I rarely played it was usually like RF, CF, LF. But I am training to be Catcher.

3 Likes

Ouch, catcher bad on the old knees.

3 Likes

That’s awesome.

I used to play baseball too, stopped a couple years ago after I got heavily invested in football instead.

Had a lot of fun playing for about 8 years

2 Likes

This was an awesome thread, but I propose that we rename it “That thread where Jim got excited about Sevilla again”

Alternate proposal: “The thread where we learned that the Lopetegui effect (depressing user interest in the team) was real”

2 Likes

Haha I wish I could say it was all true. But it wasn’t just Lopeball, just football in general pissed me off for a while. Didn’t help that the team I played for last season was an absolute farce and I lost all wil to play football…in fact I haven’t kicked a ball since April.

1 Like