Lenglet Out?

Rumors from multiple sources say Lenglet has reached a 5 year agreement with Barcelona and FCB will pay the full release clause.

So there goes our most consistent defender sold for a cool 25 million Euro profit. More good Monchi business there; however, where do we turn now? I can’t imagine the pairing of Kjaer/Mercado or insert Carrico/Pareja is our answer next season.

Thoughts?

1 Like

ABC say his buyout clause is 35m but goes up to 40m in the last weeks of the transfer market.

I’m normally OK with selling players for €30m+ but in Lenglet’s case it’s a pity. Can’t blame him for any of the 58 goals conceded but he was part of that, being the most played defender.

I’ve got my eyes on some cheap players as we change business model for UEFA and a push for Champions in la liga. Three of them from Levante. And is Pacheco being watched as a replacement goalkeeper?

Betis have signed Inui from Eibar and Canales from Real Sociedad. Good choices but they’re going to crash and burn with the 3 competitions.

Not sure about defense but I wouldn’t mind nicking Morales and Lerma from Levante.

1 Like

Morales is who I was thinking of, plus Bhardi who has scored 9 from 25 league games. Also prefer to rescue Coke who still belongs to Shalke.

Morales is at the end of his contract, left the Barca defence 2 yards behind last week, and been torturing defenders all season. Apparently he and Bhardi play in the same position but they play alongside each other in Levante.