Leganes Home – Copa del Rey – Semi Final 2nd Leg

That puts us in UEFA and if Barca win tomorrow it means we play the supercopa de España (if Barca win la liga).

1 Like

*when Barca win la liga. :wink:

2 Likes

Not 100% sure on this, but I think UEFA changed the rule recently so that only the cup winners qualify for the EL. The runners up do not qualify anymore and if the cup winner is already qualified (e.g. Barca) then the EL spot goes to the 7th place, for which we’re still fighting for.

1 Like

Yeah I think that is the case ShendM,

7th place is by no means guaranteed, unless we can sort out our league form

The good news is the SuperCopa Final next season will almost definitely be our 18th final in 12 years!

2 Likes

Suk it Betis!!

3 Likes

I didn’t know, my reasoning was that only 3 clubs can win the cup, Barca, Valencia and Sevilla. Barca and Valencia are going to qualify for Champs which disqualifies them from UEFA and so the UEFA place should go to Sevilla (in the unlikely event that we don’t win the cip :grin: )

Barca or Valencia?

1 Like

It’s 0-0 at halftime but I’d have a guess at Barca.

Nice win! Vamos sevilla! Another cup final and more history created!

Time to get revenge for the 2016 final!

2 Likes

5th consecutive CDR fnal for Barca… those bastards fight really hard for this trophy, but as Chris said, time to get revenge!

Anyway, we’ll 99.99% have another final vs. Barca and that’ll be the Supercup in August. Exciting times ahead!

3 Likes

Real Madrid have already said they do not want the final at Bernabeu because it will host Barcelona, José Castro requested the final be at Sánchez Pizjuan because it’s the Saturday of the April Feria, but a meeting will be held on Monday to discuss and choose a suitable host. Looking likely to be Wanda, with the Atletico vs Betis game being re-scheduled.

1 Like

I’m hoping to be in Sevilla then.

2 Likes

Barca had a couple of finals in the Camp Nou… so there shouldn’t be a reason as to not hold it in RSP this time!

I’ve got my hotel booked in Madrid with the option to cancel just in case they decide to hold it elsewhere.

3 Likes
2 Likes

me too Chris, would be good to watch the game together somewhere?

Hope so!