Leganes Home – Copa del Rey – Semi Final 2nd Leg

So what do you guys think will be the starting XI tomorrow night?

Will Montella start with any of the new players, or will he go back to the team that beat Atletico so convincingly in the last round home game.

Your thoughts appreciated…

I think we will see the same team that won against Atletico

2 Likes

Yeah +1 for this. As long as Mercado is at the CB spot, we can rest assured of any silly mistake like Pareja’s, but still, Rico remains a total liability.

I would love if Montella field Soria for tomorrow night. That takes balls though!

1 Like

Montella has made it clear that Rico will be in goal tomorrow. I just hope that the fans give him their support from the start and do not make his mental frailty worse. There will be plenty of time for whistles, if deserved after the game.

I would like to see Ganso on the bench ( to replace Mudo after 60-70 mins) but I doubt we will ever see him again. Other than that I’ll be happy to see a starting 11 of.
Rico; Navas, Mercado, Lenglet, Escudero; Nzonzi, Banega; Sarabia, Vázquez, Correa; and Muriel.

3 Likes

Yes, if he starts then Rico needs the full support from everyone! We know if we win the toss Rico will start the game at the South goal, i just hope he has a save to make that will give him confidence boost and inspire the fans to get behind him

1 Like

Totally agree guys. Rico needs our support. The kid has done well for us in the past and just needs to regain that magic. Confidence is king in any sport.

As with the lineup, yes to Brian’s lineup. I also would like Ganso on the bench. He could be a difference if we get late and need a game winner.

1 Like

Yeah, I like Ganso, not sure why he’s been ignored by Berizzo and so far Montella, I really think he has something to offer the team

A must win! To at least secure a spot in Europa league next season. Plus will be nice to reach a cup final and help save face, as our league campaign is turning into a disaster.

We been hammered a few times this season and that Eibar game was another reminder of the problems we face currently. However, tomorrow’s game is a new game and new challenge. We fare better in the cups so let’s hope we can win to reach the final. It’s become a huge match for the players, managers and of course all us fans!

Rico is having a crisis at minute. Not sure what the solution is but we may need to look for a top keeper in summer. I like Rico but his performances of late are simply not good enough and we losing way too many goals because of his indecisive actions

I said last season he could be a weakness, he doesn’t like coming off his line and sweeping behind the defence which has cost us a few times last season and this season also, he’s a good shot stopper but anything further away from a reaching hand and he struggles to get there…shame because I do actually think he is better than this

1 Like

The team has been named by Montella in a news conference

Sergio Rico,
Navas,
Mercado,
Lenglet,
Escudero,
N’Zonzi,
Banega,
Sarabia,
Vazquez,
Correa,
Muriel

1 Like

That’s the team to do it, if they show the spirit and character that easily beat Atletico we will get to the final…

1 Like

yeah without a doubt… I am sure the home crowd will spur us on to victory, even it does mean I won’t get to attend the RSP when I am over in April :slight_smile:

1 Like

Tonight it will be electric!!!
And why can’t you go to a game in April? Both Barca and Madrid are visiting…

I am going tonight, got early start as my lift wants to leave at 6 and go outside the hotel to cheer on the team…then to a bar for a few beverages :wink:

2 Likes

My flights are booked already for the weekend of Feria, which is also the weekend of Real Madrid, which is also the weekend of… the CdR final !

Booked it ages ago without giving the Copa del Rey much thought!

If we get to the final tonight it will just give me a valid excuse to come back again in the Autumn :smiley:

1 Like

I know quite a few ex-Pats who meet in Europa before but mainly after the games, I wonder if we know the same people?

nailed it

1 Like

1-0 VAMOS!!!

Muriel is a completely different player now

2 Likes