La Liga 2022-23 Season Thread

Yeah true. Still a possibility as you say and quite remarkable considering where we were. It’s great to see us getting back closer to European places and sets us up nicely go hopefully push on next season.

5 Likes

The fight at the bottom is insanely close as well. Valladolid - Getafe might decide a lot, then there is Espanyol - Almeria. Celta could be the victim against Barça if they care.

2 Likes

There’s just 11 points between Osasuna in 7th and Valladolid in 18th. Incredibly tight and just shows how competitive the league has been this season.

3 Likes

Pleased for my buddy at work who is a Cadiz fan as they secured safety for another season this weekend.

1 Like

Can’t say I care too much for Espanyol (mainly gunning for Cádiz and Almería to stay up and hoping Valladolid stay up next weekend, too.), but Graham makes a pretty solid case that Espanyol got screwed by weak VAR booth interventions in the match this week.

I don’t think the 2nd of the incidents he cites (the one before Valencia equalized), but the others seem pretty clear.

Would have loved to see Valencia in second division. But there’s always next year.

4 Likes