January Transfer Rumors

Good news!

Typical agent work. Get Morata’s name out there in the market, and now you have links to Atletico, Barça, Bayern & Monaco. Sevilla adds value to players even without signing them! :sweat_smile:

We still need another striker though. Today’s papers report interest in Munas (or Moanes) Dabbur from RB Salzburg, who is the current top scorer in the Europa League with 6 goals. In all comps, he has 20 goals in 30 games. Reports suggest a price around €15M.

We’ve also been linked to Marko Rog, Croatian CM from Napoli. Talks of a loan move without option to buy. Haven’t seen too much of him, but believe he’s a creative type that can deputize for Banega. We’ll see.

3 Likes

Borja Lasso is gone to Tenerife with a buy back option. This is probably for the best for him. He was never going to crack the lineup for SFC.

2 Likes

Oh my. 2 signings officialized in 1 hour. Max Wöber from Ajax & Munir from Barcelona. Both pending a medical of course. I like this.

3 Likes

Munir coming now instead of the summer is AWESOME!

1 Like

Not too bad… but I’m not convinced. Hopefully we’ll make a decent move for the midfield and not some Marko Rog there.

I’m excited for the CB. Hasn’t played too much at Ajax, so a prospect, but qualities look to be there. I think Munir will do well. He’s probably better on the wing though right?

We don’t really have an attacking wing position, so he’ll be our third striker (along with Nolito I guess?).

True at least for now. Maybe Machin will experiment back with the 3-4-2-1 with Munir and Sarabia/Promes sitting behind striker?

I heard a few shouts in here for Joan Jordan or Campaña, but which CM would you like to see?

I like Campana, but I would love to have Bardhi.

2 signings already! We got a CB and forward. Need another centre mid player and maybe another forward.

Wober is young and I’m not expecting great things from him this year, he’s more of a long term investment, but has scored a few goals for centre-back.

Munir is an excellent acquisition because he can play in almost any forward position. I hope he gets on well with WBY, both being of Magrebi origin.

With regard to Nolito who was playing the Ben Yedder role, not for the first time, but he looked dynamite this time out, and I believe he’s always worked tremendously tracking back in fact I’ve mentioned it before. I would be sad to see him go, despite being a joker and good for the dressing room, he is actually one of the nicest people you could meet.

Also, I want to keep Mercado, he’s been a reliable player.

Vidal and Arana have been the most disappointing players and Sergio Escudero is below his normal form this season, so we definitely need an alternative to give Escudero some competition.

4 Likes

And so Nolito breaks his leg, what a blow.

2 Likes

He is 3 months out…

1 Like

Leaves us with a tough situation. He’s going to stay on the books for a while I figure.

1 Like

Campana would be better of the two because he has Sevilla blood after all. But I’d still like to go for someone way better. It seems that nothing much can be done this transfer window though.

1 Like

Damn… just as he was back to scoring goals and playing well on the B team (at least). Could’ve used him for Copa and/or EL matches, a huge blow.

We were quite unlucky with injuries this season, but fortunately most of the players made full recoveries, although the self-esteem will never be the same like for Escudero. He won’t jump like crazy anymore, the pain is still in his head and it is very understandable situation.

Escudero, Mercado, Amadou, Gonalons, Nolito… all with some kind of fractures.

Where are the calcium supplements ffs?

4 Likes

Get some milk in the training facility. We absolutely need another midfielder, preferably some who can backup Mudo/Sarabia.

2 Likes