International break - January/February 2022

Papu starts for Argentina vs Chile, Acuña and Montiel on the bench.

Tecatito also starts on the bench vs Jamaica

3 Likes

Why is Ocampos not even on the bench?

1 Like

No clue

1 Like

Argentina 2-1 up at the half, Papu with an important recovery and starts the move for the second goal

3 Likes

Tecatito comes on for Mexico

They’re 1-0 down to Jamaica at the moment

2 Likes

Mexico equalize in the 82nd minute. Tecatito with a cross in, initial header well saved by the Jamaican gk, and then poked in

4 Likes

Mexico go up 2-1 and Tecatito once again involved in the buildup.

Just now, Tecatito brilliantly set up Vega who headed it over

4 Likes

Acuña also came on for Nico Gonzales in the 70th minute, not able to watch that match sadly though

2 Likes

Papu with a swollen ankle after a stomp in the match vs. Chile - he’s doubtful for their next match vs. Colombia but could very well miss our match vs. Osasuna (away) too. Does this mean Martial will make a debut as a starter? :cowboy_hat_face:

4 Likes

Ouch! Doesn’t look good

4 Likes

Ouch and double oucha, that don’t look good.
I suppose ‘doubtful’ means he’s had an Xray and there’s no serious damage but wow, too many knocks take their toll.
Good job it was Chile and not Uruguay !

2 Likes

Always reminds me of this… :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Apparently he had covid symptoms

2 Likes

Canada have definitely become a serious force in CONCACAF lately.

There surely must be a reason for this. Is it just a lucky ‘golden generation’ or the Gov. along with the federation have invested in football infrastructure, youth systems etc. Maybe a mix in between?

Any insight on this @Edinho ?

2 Likes

Well congrats to the :canada: folks on the forum!

1 Like

In the Mexico Costa Rica match Tecatito had a great dribble, nutmegged the defender, tried to shoot, but was blocked by the defender. He could have definitely gotten to the rebound, but Funes Mori decided to steal it, and ended up being offside

2 Likes

Is Funes Mori Mexican then? I always thought he was Argentine. :rofl:

3 Likes

Damn all of our boys starting for Argentina

2 Likes

Papu from this to starting tonight - he’s surely risking it and could cost him a lot.

4 Likes

Argentina go 1-0 up through Lautaro Martinez.

Acuña with the assist

3 Likes