Happy La Liga 2019-2020!

So one month away. This is very much like the start of a new season. We know how well, Sevilla normally starts off, so maybe this is the year we finish third!

1 Like

I like your thinking @ChrisLail. :sweat_smile:

The Seville derby will be weird behind closed doors. But us not being that great at home this season, and better in away games, makes me think having no crowd might play to our advantage.

Does anyone think a game like that will get “ruined” by the fans? It’s a city derby, so maybe the fans will cause a stir outside the stadium, like we seen in the CL games b/w PSG v Dortmund & Valencia v Atalanta?

Ruined? No. Will there be problems? Yes - they’re always problems come derbi time. It will be weird without fans. This game is about the passion of the city, the futbol is second imo.

1 Like

Update on La Liga situation

From Monday 25th all the light green areas will be in phase 2, whereas the light blue areas, still in phase1 will not be able to progress to stage 2 until two weeks later, that is June 8th.

The government has said la liga will not resume until the entire country has passed through phase 2.

So if any of the phase1 provinces fails to be advanced onto phase 2 on June 8th, it will be another 2 weeks more i.e. June 22nd before they are reconsidered.

All that is providing the present rules don’t change in the meantime.

2 Likes

It’s Official.

Derby on

Government gives go ahead for football to resume after meeting with ministry of health today.

Unless they change their minds again.

1 Like

I seen la liga is back on 8th June. I think the premier league is resuming then too!

2 Likes

:blush:

2 Likes

:man_facepalming:t2::man_facepalming:t2::man_facepalming:t2:

Who is it, Ocampos, Mudo and de Jong?

1 Like

That’s who I see. Not sure who the guy is closest left.

1 Like

A bit of a non story really, you are allowed gatherings of 10 people under current guidelines and there were 12 of them. Big deal.

Important News

Ariz Aduriz the Athletic Bilbao forward finally hangs up his boots after a career total of 640 appearances, 221 goals and 17,300 elbowed defenders.
Over 100 la liga defenders have immediately reduced their dental insurance cover and the dental clinic franchise ‘VItalDent’ has filed for bankruptcy after shares fell sharply on the news. A spokesman for VitalDent said “we hadn’t fully recovered from the shock of Diego Godin being transferred to Milan, but this was the final straw”.

5 Likes

Good player, well deserved retirement. On the flip side Inter and Godin have been hinting for a while now that it’s not working out and that DG is likely to head back to Spain once 2019/20 concludes.

Godin has looked shocking for Inter. He really looks past it. He had an alright start, but he just kept getting exposed. And it’s not a back-3 issue either as he’s played that system a lot with Uruguay.

1 Like

Would Monchi give him a call? He’s 34 but has the heart and leadership of a warrior.

I rarely watch internationals but I recall Uruguay usually line up with 4 at the back Godin partnering Gimenez with Laxalt and Caceres on the sides, do they shift to a back 3 when in possession?

1 Like

I imagine Inter will want some sort of fee. That and his wages, I can’t see us being in the market. We should be looking for young and hungry like with Lenglet and Kounde.

I wonder if Gnagnon has been forgiven yet.

1 Like

Currently, Uruguay does lineup with a back 4. But i think a few years prior to the World Cup, they often played 3 CBs, seeing that Caceres is a versatile defender.

I haven’t seen Rennes play at all this past season, but they do have a good defensive record. Although, looking purely at stats, i remember seeing they never kept a clean sheet with Gnagnon on the pitch. :woozy_face:

But that match he played vs AtlĂ©tico was so good, i could only hope he recaptured some form. I wouldn’t mind him as 1 of our 4 CBs next season.

2 Likes

Banega shouldn’t have apologised, he should have said ‘Two of da bitches pitched up without invitation’

3 Likes

I liked Gagnon, could be a real prospect in the future, he-s the sort of player that needs the Sevilla player coaching.

2 Likes

Not sure if anyone mentioned this, but there’s been a number of old Sevilla matches being uploaded to SFC’s YouTube channel during this lockdown. I’m currently watching the match away to Osasuna from the 16/17 season.

Jovetic & Ben Yedder featured up top in this one, but it was a torrid start by us.

1 Like