Happy La Liga 2019-2020!

Rumours circulating that Jorge Sampaoli has agreed a deal to leave Santos in Brazil for an unnamed La Liga club.

I reckon it’s Betis!

Dude would have huge balls to come back to Sevilla. He will not be able to eat comfortably in any bar in the city unless they have a Betis sign on the front.

2 Likes

After watching the last 2 Real Madrid games have come to the conclusion that Hazard is a bit average, I don’t know if anyone saw him miss an open goal, could have walked it in but decided to shoot hard and it rebounded off the crossbar, he always looked so good in the EPL. Benzema has been on fire but has picked up his first injury. Bale is not really interested any more in my opinion. I can’t see them winning la liga now.

Atletico have a lot of new players it seems to me, but Jaoa Felix has been disappointing after his first game. The team is not quite firing on all cylinders but the squad is deep and powerful and they’ll likely challenge Barcelona until the end.

Granada now have 7 players injured and can be expected to fall away now, if they don’t we have a real problem there. When they beat a weakened Barca without Messi and several other key players, all the experts were criticizing Barca but nobody mentioned how good Granada are.

With Barca it seems like Griezman is not quite fitting in but they have talent to spare and will probably win la liga. They started 16 year old Ansu Fati last night (ex Sevilla) and he was quite poor but full credit to Barcelona for throwing him in the deep end and giving him so many games, he has scored already I believe.

Sevilla need a run of good results to consolidate their position and try to get a cushion to keep Sociedad and Villarreal out of the top 4.

Betis have told manager Rubi he’ll be fired if Betis lose to Celta tonight, that would be the third la liga manager to be fired in 10 days.

1 Like

From my post in the “la liga predictions” thread

Worst signing Hazard.

Nothing I have seen up to now has changed my mind.

1 Like

I’ve always thought Hazard was overhyped (blame it on the Prem). He’s still an incredible player, and will be dangerous once he clicks with Benzema.

The jury’s still out, but he isn’t that big of a goalscorer. I think last season was one of the only times he scored more than double digits in the league. That’s not good enough for a Madrid attacker, especially after a €100M fee.

1 Like

With 1st place at stake, no one wants to take advantage??

I guess it’s up to either Granada or La Real now.

Real Madrid are getting annoyingly good again. Good win for them at Alaves! Best they been for few years.

Atleti drop more points. Sevilla could end up 7 up on them if they win Sunday.

3 Likes

Barca drop points against sociedad. La Real should have won! I’m not convinced Barca will win the clasico this time. If Valencia can get a result off real and we do the job against Villarreal we could be back in the title race picture after weekend.

I have a feeling the clasico will be a draw this time! Best result that would be too.

1 Like

La Real v Barça was exhausting to watch. It went thru so many phases, where each team had the upper hand. At a certain point i just resorted to the fact that Barça will win La Liga. It will depend on them improving their away form, but with Messi already leading in goals & assists, they still the best in the division.

Hoping for a draw in El Clásico as well. But we’ll see how Madrid does at Mestalla, cause Valencia been on a run lately.

1 Like

Best possible result in the Classico tonight.

1 Like

Real Madrid were easily the better team. On what I saw Real will win la Liga this season! I think Madrid will get more points away than Barca this season and will be the difference.

2 Likes

Sociedad on fire guys! They worry me for top 4! They are a damn good team!

1 Like

:poop: Atletico is 0-0 at Half Time. :pray:t2:

Atletico back on track! Good win for them! We all know they will be 3rd in the end. 4th spot we have a chance but it’s gonna be competitive!

Cool Tweet:
https://twitter.com/CholoColcho/status/1209159052766466048?s=20

1 Like

Wow, 150 points behind Real Madrid and almost 200 behind Barcelona though. Crazy! Even Atletico who won a League in that time are over 100 behind RM.

1 Like

Atletico now 3rd! Well it was good while it lasted folks! Status quo returned:/

1 Like

Doubt we’ll even finish 4th… extremely difficult at this point and with this manager.

1 Like

I got to say I agree with you. Think we will be caught too. Valencia and real Sociedad have more firepower in attack than us. I think we will be 6th.

We need to sign a top striker urgently and improve our form at home. I’m hoping for toP 4 but don’t expect it either

1 Like