FYI - Working on a few things around the site

Please pardon the dust as I work through some of the things.

4 Likes

Hopefully you’re all starting to notice some of the changes around here — let me walk you through what’s new.

The most obvious one: the name. I’m retiring Monchi’s Men. With him now at Espanyol, keeping the name just doesn’t feel right — it’s a bit like wearing a rival’s kit. I have nothing but respect for what he built at Sevilla, but the forum is better served by an identity that’s about the club itself rather than any one person. The new name is SevillistasWorldwide — says exactly what we are.

On the technical side, the DNS change is coming soon, and the forum will be moving to SevillistasWorldwide.com. The old MonchisMen.com URL will redirect automatically, so you won’t lose your way.

A few other updates worth noting:

  • New look — I’ve stripped out the old background for a cleaner, more modern feel.
  • Right sidebar — I’ve added a sidebar that will show the current La Liga table, Sevilla match results, and player stats. Still working out the kinks on that one.
  • Daily news feed — There’s now an automated daily post pulling in news from around the Sevilla coverage universe. Titles and excerpts are translated to English, but clicking through will take you to the original Spanish source.

I’m getting more comfortable building plugins, so the sky’s mostly the limit — except where third-party integrations start costing money. If you have ideas for features you’d like to see, drop them below.

7 Likes

Not sure if there’s a way to minimize or close the La Liga stats bar but it’s making it difficult to reply.

1 Like

Should be a soccer ball in the bottom right corner… Let me know if not and what device you are using.

A few new changes

  • La Liga Schedule - at the top of the screen, you should see a new Schedule tab. This is a link to the La Liga schedule. You can filter by upcoming matches (next 6), Full Season, or results. You can also toggle Sevilla on/off. This page will update throughout the year to show the dates/times when announced. Also - you can subscibe to the calendar via an .ics download and import that in your calendar app if you would like.
  • Automatic La Liga- Post showing the results for the matchday - This is built, but until an actual match happens, we can’t really tell if it will work how I hope it does.
  • Updated matchday posts - We also are hoping to auto update the matchday posts with the Sevilla results.

If you have any other feature requests please let me know.

3 Likes

Hopefully fixed the Real đź’© auto replacement logic.

1 Like

I like this modernized style! My favorite part is the Daily news section. It helps me to catch up on recent stories that I have missed!

2 Likes

Agree with the previous post, the daily Sevilla updates are brilliant. It keeps me coming back on a daily basis.

2 Likes

Love to hear it everyone! Please let me know if you have any other suggestions.

1 Like

Hey Chris, a small idea. given that this team badly needs to just be stable and avoid relegation, it would be fun to have a “survival counter” where its basically how many points we need to get until we’ve (more or less) guaranteed safety for another year. I think it would basically be 43 - current points. “37 points to safety!” or something like that. On the other side, it would be fun to have something similar that is like “45 points to european competition!” based on historical amounts needed for final euro spot. Just an idea as a fun way to track progress over the course of a season.

Thanks for the idea - I’ll put it on the maybe :slight_smile:

1 Like

New feature - Lineup builder!
https://forum.monchismen.com/lineup

You can select your formation, enter the players, copy and paste in the chat by image or text.

Another feature - Monchi's Men - Sevilla FC Fans

Sevilla players - I’m hoping that I can have the stats automatically updated. I’m also hoping to create a former player database eventually.

3 Likes