Friendly: Sporting CP vs Sevilla FC [2022]

Use VPN

1 Like

Why did Sporting change their kits in the second half?

1 Like

We’ve lost the superiority with the changes, so far.

1 Like

The refs… probably Portuguese yeah?, helping Sporting a lot this half. Not fair!

Jordan… disastrous.

O’campos on and Pedro Ortiz I think.
YEN has been great in defence but not up front.

Think it was Kike Salas.

It’s very hard to play without strikers in this system. If we think that we’ll do anything meaningful this season with the so-called strikers Mir and YEN, I mean if Lope or Monchi think so… they’re mistaken.

We need to sell or loan out one of them and get a decent striker for once, like urgently.

Unless the strikers that we have will up their game in the remaining pre-season matches and show their worth going forward, we really need to do something in that regard. So far, there is literally 0 sign that they are close to relevation.

I wouldn’t want to be a striker in his systems either. The way it is played towards the strikers is painful and lack of trust.

You will need a real big one to change the dynamic.

1 Like

In that case, we should go for someone that will be very consistent and not lose motivation throughout the match. Someone that will make use of the 1-2 pure chances they’ll get in a match. This may sound like asking for too much, but really it is not. YEN was offside (not sure if it was called), but still missed a sitter tonight. Mir did the same vs. Tottenham. You won’t get 10 chances with this system, you get what you get, and if you don’t make use of what you get, you lose.

It’s either that, or change the coach and the system altogether. There is no in-between. Keeping the same coach and system and having the same clumsy players or strikers in this case is highly counterproductive.

Lucky not to concede there. Jordan loses the ball, so does the rest of the defence, the goalkeeper gets beat but the Sporting player couldn’t bury the ball from a tight angle.

2 Likes

Jordan lost countless of balls tonight. Got embarrassed there a moment ago by a Sporting player, we almost conceded - got lucky there.

Jordan simply is not good enough to play for this club. The same can be said for Mir at least. I’d give YEN a chance only as a sub and get a decent striker.

1 Like

This match, especially the second half is a deja-vu to the previous season. Same old crap.

You will need a personality, where anybody of the other players without hesitating is willing to pass him or put him in whatever position it is. There is no clarity, when they reach the box its all hesitation. Just get Cavani already.

1 Like

Fucking Jordan… get the fuck out already!

I heard Ronaldo is looking for a club :).

2 Likes

We could really do with an experienced goal-getter like CR7, or even Cavani as Enrico mentioned.

Even Luis Suarez would do, the Uruguayan.

It was coming… 1-1.
Jordan shit, Suso nothing. Can’t play with that sort of failure in abundance.

2 Likes

It was coming. They deserve to win the whole match btw. Piss poor second half with many players that don’t deserve the shirt.

2 Likes