Europa League Semi-Finals - Sevilla FC vs Juventus

2 Likes

Took a look at the market value of those lists:
Juve’s 5 players have an avg market value (Transfermkt) of 6.8 m euros, hugely inflated by Pogba’s 20m.
Sevilla’s 4 players have an avg market value of 9.5 m euros, all pretty similar: highest is Jordan at 12m, followed by Marcao at 10m .

Anyhow, nothing too interesting, other than the fact that Pogba is clearly their biggest loss, although, as we know from experience, losing any of your starting XI creates challenges. Among the 4 we’re missing, I certainly see Suso as the biggest inconvenience, in spite of having the lowest market value among those 4 players. Then again, also the oldest…given the age depreciation effects of market values, perhaps not the most unbiased estimate of a player’s worth to their team on any given day.

2 Likes

So, apparently both Suso and Ocampos trained with the group today as normal. Sounds like Ocampos is expected to start, Suso hopefully on the bench.

One odd note about Badé wearing a bandage/brace on his leg at the training, but sounds like just a precaution.

4 Likes

5 Likes

3 Likes

I think Sevilla gets the job done. A 1-1 in first leg was still a massive result. The team is full of confidence and playing well. Bade made a massive difference at the back. Vamos!

7 Likes

Apparently some trouble already started between the ultras of Juve and Sevilla in the city, hope not going to escalate closer to the match today.

On the pitch, we need Lamela and Ocampos to start imo, in the three upfront with YEN, as well as with Oliver in midfield to add to Rakitic and Gudelj there too.
Need a high intensity start like we had v Man U.

4 Likes

We have the Dutch ref, Danny Makkelie, today:

1 Like

Midfield role will be crucial again, we need the coherency like against Man Utd to follow up on the pressure from our forwards. Need a great game from Nemanja. But of course everybody else, unity, believe and no stopping until we got our spot in the final.

Just got home from work, too hyped to sleep, try a small nap and put my alarm 04:45 local time. This is why I said last game (Valladolid) didn’t matter in my mind, ofcourse it does. But the Juve game is where you play for, on the verge of being able to get our title count up on all other clubs. Just how special that is.

Vamoos mi Sevilla! Vamosss campeón!!

5 Likes

Big thunder storm over the RSP at the moment. Hope it clears up before kick off otherwise i am going to get very wet.

6 Likes

Lineup is out. Exactly the same last last match I think.

Bono
Navas Bade Gudelj Acuna
Rakitic Fernando
Bryan Oliver Ocampos
En-Nesyri

3 Likes

Juve:
Szczesny
Gatti Locatelli Danilo
Bremer Rabiot Fagioli Illing Cuadrado
Di Maria
Kean

2 Likes

Lots of changes there on the Juve side.

1 Like

Im failing with paramount plus… webpage doesn’t load?!?! And can’t create a login on my phone as an app? Presumably I’m just cursed?

It was over my house, Caramba ! it shook the bloody foundations.
Seems like it’s passed now, perhaps it was a sign the gods are watching tonight.

1 Like

Content with that for starters, though Bryan needs to step up a gear. So do we have three more ARGies on the bench? Lamela, Montiel and Papu?

1 Like

Pregame

4 Likes