Europa League - Rd of 16 - Sevilla FC vs West Ham United 10-03-2022

I am liking every comment that shits on Lope.

I said it in the beginning of the season when everything was sunshine and rainbows: the goals we make are of poor quality and not ‘repeatable’. Now we make no goals because we aren’t lucky anymore. Good, because now it shows what it really brings to the table; absolutely nothing besides some defense. Which is now crumbling aswell since all of those injuries.

As for replacements, I don’t care who he is, how successful or what style he prefers. As long as he has huge cojones like Sampaoli had.

First Lope was shit to watch, now it also peforms like shit. Give me at least one or the other.

6 Likes

The point is these poor performances are just gonna wear us down. Even bono and our defence is getting despondent. There is only so long you can play this way and get away with it on a good defence.

We are so negative playing away especially. Even against teams like Alaves or Rayo we play first not to lose instead of going all out to win. Lope just plays it to safe and some of these players are either not good enough or underperforming as well.

Even with injuries there was enough talent out there to muster up more than that. That was pathetic for a side with our Europa league record and trying to finish higher than 4th in la liga this season. No change at all.

6 Likes

Before when we had like 2-3 active members in the forum it was quite lonely. Very linear opinions and not much to talk about in general both before and after the matches.

Now with more and more active members this post-match talk is very therapeutic. I’m not even angry anymore especially seeing that most of us here want to see us evolve for the better.

Keep it up folks, this forum is nothing without all of you.

8 Likes

Exactly right. Right now I fear we gonna get neither for most of the rest of this season. I’m sure soceidad must be feeling good playing us right now to be fair.

3 Likes

I’m worried for next season as well

No way Koundé stays, the way we’ve performed in Europe this year, it’s hard to blame him. He rejected Tottenham because he wanted to play in Europe, and now we’ve done this.

Don’t know about Diego Carlos either, there’s a high possibility he leaves as well.

We need Monchi to perform a miracle this summer or we’ll continue to be on the decline

6 Likes

I totally get you on this. I’m kind of in the same boat, and although I was ready to sacrifice watching the shit-boring play for the sake of results, like @User1115 , it was still a disappointment.

4 Likes

2013-14 Atletico plays with extremely high intensity, it’s not the most exciting football in the world but that’s nice football.

2 Likes

To be fair while I was happy with the results I think most of us still thought at times how are we winning playing the way we are? This approach of getting lucky like before isn’t sustainable long term and is now biting us hard.

We cannot carry on like this. Either lope and the current players have to change right now or we need to change the regime with the manager and a few of the players.

I now tune in to our matches with hope that we get a result but not with excitement as we are rarely entertained. We have been very hard to watch us this season. I mean you can count on one hand how many great performances we put in. I don’t think we had 1 great away performance this season.

4 Likes

We will probably find out what Barca do to us in a few weeks. It could be very ugly for us.

1 Like

Roberto De Zerbi, Urs Fischer, Ivan Juric, Christian Streich are some examples, without even looking at the managerial talent of Portugal :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

Also with Lopé there’s no future for the Cantera, how many of them would realistically get a chance in the team if it weren’t for various injuries this season…

3 Likes

Just look at how Carlos Fernandez was treated after that monster season at Granada.

Was never given much of a chance and while he wasn’t fantastic, he was never given a chance

1 Like

You got what you deserved. A far better, more skillful side edited for foul commenting. Stay on your feet, play football and youd be a better team with more respect.

I hope we get Braga or Rangers to get a step nearer a return to Seville.

Barca and Atalanta we might struggle, but two good trips for the massive West Ham.

Hope you catch Madrid👍

2 Likes

:laughing:

3 Likes

I’m actually having a hard time convincing my friends why Sevilla should sack Lope.

They point to his Europa League success with us and being 2nd in the league. All looks good on the surface, but I just said watch us like we have all season and you’d see why.

2 Likes

With this form and attitude we are not going to stay in top 4 in La Liga and if clubs change managers even at such late stage when it becomes clear that their crucial target for the season is relentlessly slipping away, eg clubs in relegation threat, I would be glad to see such decisiveness from Sevilla board now.
Lope is limping towards the finishing line and dragging the team down with him.

He will play YEN for 86 minutes in next game again and Martial for 80.
We miss crucial players through injuries of course, but even with the available players Sevilla can do much better than trying to bore its way to a lengthy sequence of 1-0 at best, 0-0 more typical results.
What is Juande Ramos up to these days? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Ended up seeing a tiny bit of the ending of the game, on the phone of a new Uruguayan friend but there is no surprise to this ending really.

I was so amazed by how many of you even could even try to see through, all these results that we’ve gotten and gotten themselves into the ‘viva lopetegui’ mode like Rogelio. When in the end there was nothing no to show for. And completely turn on it, the moment it goes down, this is another hypocritical part that I never understood. This is what the pure supporting of results, leads to. All crawling back and turning on it, the moment it turns sour. Predicted this since the beginning, and gets called a doomer. When literally on the field there was only darkness to be seen.

What we are so ‘known’ for defending well, and keeping it shut, is finally getting punished as well. Showing that’s also a glass lie we have been living, as long as Bono, Carlos, Kounde, Acuna and Fernando where in unity. Every team we have been facing lately, could have beaten us easily, whichs makes it even worse. Not to be hateful, but this is just the laws of nature, you can get away with it some times, but it will hit you just as hard eventually.

Congrats to West Ham, I could say I want my Sevilla back, but I know it’s still there. It’s just hidden behind a big rug which we will remove sooner or later. I am and always have been on Ddadogba’s side, the mentality and attitude is half the club that I adore. Which in the last years, I have only had rare few sightings of.

3 Likes

Wow I didn’t know how much I’m in your head. I’ve said it like a few times a few months ago. You really are praying on Sevillas downfall. At least watch the games fully if you’re gonna critique like you do.

1 Like

Hi West Ham fan here.
Great tie between 2 smashing teams.
Don’t get too down you are one of the best teams we played this season and we have beaten all the top teams.
Good luck to you in the future you play very nice football when you get the chance

6 Likes

Watches, 49 games fully, watches 1 game half haha. Imagine watching as much as I did, of a team with a footballing idea I dislike, and calling me out for it. Naming you after, a repetitive statement, who even turned on Lope himself. Basically been asking for it. Just more signs of your shaded philosophy and personality, it’s hilarious. Has nothing to do with praying for downfall, it’s just eventual truth and laws of football, Which you unfortunately struggle to understand but that’s alright. Keep typing, definitely amusing.