Europa League Mini Tournament 2020

Shakhtar just couldn’t create any decent chances. Inter have great individual players, and a deep squad. Eriksen off the bench?! C’mon!

But i’m certainly worried less about them than with Man United. This was similar to the Getafe game when they were being dominated. Then a simple long ball to Lukaku ended Bordalas’ team.

3 Likes

Inter were very good but Shaktar made it easy for them too. They had no belief and it was a lame performance for a semi final. They were very disappointing.

One thing is for sure we will not make it easy for inter. We can actually defend and work well as a team. We are tactically very good and we have the passion and belief to win games like this.

Inter are strong though and have good players and strong defence. I think it will be very close again. It may even go to extra time but you know with sevilla in this competition we find a way. I hope we do again. Of course we can lose as inter are good but we are an animal in this competition and in finals. We are protecting our superb record and will give it everything.

I’m excited for it. May the best team win! Vamos sevilla!

3 Likes

Exactly. Getafe were the better side and actually interested in playing some football, while they weren’t - typical Italian team and tactics. I’m also worried less about them than Man Utd but it is a final, and any team can beat the other team in a one-off final match, so anything can happen really. We need our luck to continue (adding the good performances) if we want to win the final.

Also, the reason that they keep a player like Eriksen on the bench is that they are simply not interested in keeping the ball and playing decent football, so Eriksen would be a nuisance - rather they field defensively minded midfielders who are physical and can run, and might just be able to play simple passes to Lukaku and Lautaro who should be able to do something. They are also dangerous in set pieces, but that’s it.

We actually struggle against such defensive-minded teams and with Godin there (the nastiest footballer on planet earth), Inter remind me of Atletico. Just that Atletico looked good at times when defending and attacking (transitioning), while Inter doesn’t, they play much uglier.

5 Likes

We must play with confidence just as we did in Roma game. But we must be absolutely careful not to give away any silly penalties. We can not make up for another penalty in a final like this.

How I wish we had an accomplished striker as we are heavily outclassed by our opponent in this matter. I suggest we start with Munir, cause Ennesyri is simply useless against a defense sitting at the back forever.

7 Likes

There’s a high chance that Munir starts because of a potential injury to Ocampos. Nothing has been said yet but he was subbed for that injury… could be an overload issue (tendons or similar) but I hope we’ll have Ocampos ready. YEN tracked back a lot to defense vs. Man Utd, but I also don’t think that he’ll be needed vs. Inter - we’ll need speed and agility, which Munir can provide (hopefully).

5 Likes

That’s a good shout. Especially if Godín plays, that is the side Reguilón, Munir & YEN must constantly abuse.

3 Likes

From what I saw today, Inter was very happy sitting back and defending in their 40yards. I would be happy if they did that on Friday too. What we can do that Shaktar can’t is cross and change flanks quickly. Shaktar had zero lateral movement that created gaps on the Inter defense, plus no one to run at the Inter d. If Ocampos is healthy, we will have plenty of that.

6 Likes

What’s up with coaches wanting to be seen as the underdog? Sure it gives you an edge, but why not just own the fact that you have a good team?

Conte says “Sevilla has more experience than us.”

While Lope says “Inter is a team designed to win the Champions League.”

I love it tho. :laughing:

3 Likes

At least our Semi was competitive. Just seen the Inter v Shaktar highlights, did SD even turn up last night or what? :confused:

1 Like

Nope. They just kept the ball in the first half, not doing anything with it, looked toothless throughout the match. By reaching the semi final I thought that they have the capability of scoring at least once, but I was wrong, Shakhtar are definitely crap.

4 Likes

The mind games have started already! All part of the fun haha! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

The man himself in action at training today. :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

https://futaa.com/zw/article/212260/the-referees-that-will-oversee-the-final-of-this-season-s-uefa-europa-league-has-been-named

1 Like

Sergio Rico going to the Champions League final as a starter?

4 Likes

How long is Navas out for?

Has he even had anything to do tonight? I got so bored of that game I’ve put the Baseball on. :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Now that would be something. He’s still a crappy goalkeeper.

3 Likes

Fortunately for Rico he had nothing to do tonight haha!

4 Likes

Ps. Even the baseball is bloody boring this evening. :unamused:

2 Likes

Danny Makkelie is the referee for the final vs. Inter. I remember him from our game vs. Liverpool where we drew 2-2 (CL group stage) and he didn’t give us many fouls, allows a very physical game which may not suit us in the final.

3 Likes

Depends on how we see it, Lukaku is physically superior but Diego Carlos also thrives on these matchups, in the last match the ref didn’t like his physical approach and adding in the propensity for the mancs to fall down at every opportunity led to him getting booked 20 minutes into the game. Carlos could come into his own for this game, Inter’s midfield is more physical than ours so the players need to pick up the tempo and spray the ball quickly

4 Likes