Europa League Knock-Out 2022-2023 Road to Budapest

Will we compete? Or go face first in the dirt against one of the second placed teams in the groups?

PSV, Rennes, Man Utd, Midtjylland, Nantes, Monaco? or someone else, some games still going on.
Roma and Union Berlin to complete the list…

1 Like

Manchester United (England), Midtjylland (Denmark), Nantes (France), Monaco (France), Rome (Italy), PSV Eindhoven (Netherlands ), Union Berlin (Germany) and Stade Rennais (France).

I’m saying nothing to tempt fate this time :innocent:

2 Likes

Man Utd ? :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

I will then, we need to draw Midtjylland or Nantes to up our chances to continue.

So many interesting matchups that i’d be disappointed if we drew Midtjylland.

1 Like

We could have just as well lost vs Kopenhagen, Midtjylland not doing much better in the Danish League, but beating Lazio 5-1 and scoring quite some goals in the EL group stage, It could be interesting. Which one you prefer name wise?

I think we need a soft draw for us to hold onto something more than just the CDR this year.

Man Utd, AS Roma, Monaco, are not the ones you want to pop out of that shell to compete with in our current state. I would even say PSV will be risky, they beat Arsenal 2-0 and have quite high highs. A reencounter with Luukinho would be special tho. That and for my dutch friends, makes me want to match against PSV next round.

2 Likes

Monaco. Any excuse to see Ben Yedder at the RSP again. :palms_up_together:

5 Likes

We should kidnap him!

3 Likes

HAHAHA Barcelona drew against Man Utd. That’s one gone. Great stuff Uefa.

Barca - Man Utd.
Juventus - Nantes
Sporting Portugal - Midtjylland
Shaktar Donetsk - Stade Rennais
Ajax - Union Berlin
Bayer Leverkussen - AS Monaco
Sevilla FC - PSV (Let’sgoooo)
RB Salzburg - Roma

5 Likes

What are PSV like this year?

3 Likes

A dangerous mixture, high peaks, low lows, I’ll ask my friend for more in depth, but they are hell of a bunch of talented guys. And ofcourse have Luuk ‘Luukinho’ de Jong. Who will definitely make our centre backs struggle in the box if there is a good cross coming in.

They lost 0-3 for example against one of the bottom dwellers. But are leading the table, by beating Ajax last weekend, beating Arsenal 2-0 in groups. Great performance from Xavi Simons, Cody Gakpo can be a beast as well. We don’t have to remember what happened in preseason to compare us with Arsenal… We can prepare ourselves for a challenge for sure.

4 Likes

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

First out of the hat? massive sigh of relief from most of audience.

1 Like

He can stay permanently if he wants! :pray:

2 Likes

Could have been worse than PSV for sure but that won’t be an easy tie, especially in our current state. Hopefully there’s a bit of a revamp by the time we play them!

PSV no mugs if they can beat an Arsenal side doing so well in the PL.

Potentially good for us that the two biggest teams in the competition play each other.

2 Likes

It will be a very tricky encounter as PSV has lots of young talents as you mentioned. They are leading Eredivisie but Ajax has played 1 match less and could snatch the 1st place if they win their remaining match.

Plus they are pacey and we all know how we fare against pacey opponents. It could be something similar to last season’s matches vs. RB Salzburg.

I visited Eindhoven once in 2016 for a couple of days and loved the place. Almost everyone was riding a bike, the city was quite interesting and cozy.

4 Likes

PSV is a dangerous animal. Gakpo caught fire last season and has become even better this season. If Sevilla need to break the bank or mortgage the RSP for one player this is the one.

Xavi Simons is also shining brightly. After being hyped since he was born and spells at Barca and PSG the Eindhoven giants managed to pluck him, he now has 8(!) goals in just 12 games for them.

And also our very own legend Luuk De Jong :stuck_out_tongue:, be kind on us please. Or maybe do us a favor and kick us out so Sampaoli can concentrate on the league.

5 Likes

Well, we know our draw. Now we just have to wait until February… :frowning:

1 Like

This is just the Netherlands tho :joy:

They are known for some big tech and innovation industry and it got them their name Brainport Eindhoven. They have a high level technical university where three of my friends studied

2 Likes

This. I went to Amsterdam years ago and there were bikes everywhere!

Hello, does anyone know when the ticket sales against PSV will start ?

2 Likes