Covid-19 Boredom Thread

1906 threw me. Couldn’t find a club with that date. I thought Cadiz or Las Palmas with the yellow bit. Also looked at Almeria but nothing like. Finally, I think I found it, is it Riazor of Deportivo de la Coruña?

Yes The Riazor

Next
Clue. A little closer to home

estadio4

1 Like

Granada.

This next one should be easy even if you can’t see it, and provided the image doesn’t display google metadata.

Big built up area behind a beach, could be Barceloneta ? So I’m thinking Camp Nou even though I can’t see the stadium.

Recreativo.

Recre is a good guess because it’s similar terrain, but …
It is actually Cadiz, estadio Ramón Carranza, beautiful place and the stadium is Champions League specification.

Closer-up

1 Like

If I had seen the Ramon Carranza I would have got it. Love that stadium.

1 Like

I would never have got that one.

OK Here’s an easy one

2 Likes

Tricky, I thought it was the centre of the universe RSP with the matt black paint but it’s actually Valencia.

1 Like

Yes Tim Valencia . I thought the colours would give it away.

what about this one?
I first saw this stadium on tv around 20 yrs ago and thought that they must be building a new stand behind the goal. But It still looks the same today.

Is that Rayo Vallecano?

20200414_060442

What about this one?

1 Like

Correct. It’s Rayo

looks like it’s somewhere up north. Not san mames or the Anoeta so I’ll take a stab at Santander?

Let’s have a change
Can you name the club from these clues?

marbe

1 Like

I though immediately Numancia, who have a decent stadium but when I looked the colours were wrong, but I found it eventually it’s Racing de Santander (I think)

Stumped. The first photo looks like Beckham getting sent off for England against Argentina, after retaliation against Simeone who is on the ground, and the other player is Gabriel Batistuta.

The second seems they drive on the left and UK architecture and dumped mattresses.

The third is the coast entering Marbella from the west

But the streets are deserted in two photos due to the virus of WUHAN ???

Correct with the 1st pic Beckham sent off V Argentina

• Mattresses connection correct

Here’s another clue

Kyocera sponsored Atletico de Madrid, but I don’t see any connection to Marbella or mattresses. Fiendishly difficult this. Don’t tell me yet, even though it’s driving me crazy.

Ah, colchoneros !!!

Marbella sponsored Atletico in the 90s as Jesus Gil owned it or some nonsense.

And yes the stadium I posted earlier was El Sardinero, home of Racing Santander, and strangely apparently built to look like QPR’s Loftus Road as the then Racing President loved Loftus Road, yet the two stadiums to me look nothing alike. :thinking:

1 Like