Copa del Rey - R64 - CE Andratx vs Sevilla FC [21/22]

I don’t even think we’re asking for the play to be attractive. We just want effective football. Having the ball for 80% of the time with barely anything to show for it? For me, that’s negative football.

5 Likes

They had a quick busy brazilian (I saw) named Vinicius, Juanlu had his hands full and the guy got the better of him quite a bit but he stuck in there.

Luismi, had a couple of very unfortunate instances like some awkard touches and misunderstandings but once he gets it. He’s composed and drives well with the ball to look for something, let’s say initiative, was quite good to see. And forces opponents to follow runs close in and make decisisions instead of just passing back.

When Ivan entered, I had already lost my mind, to where I was just numb. I think he got one decent chance. I do think he’s good, but i’m not sure if he has enough quality to get away with his size.

3 Likes

Seeing those last games, I have to say even going back to playing it wide and whipping it into the box 10 times a game like in the haydays of Suso nation sounds more enjoyable and profitable at this point.

2 Likes

Another question, I know it’s slightly irrelevant considering we ended up winning the shootout, but why didn’t Montiel take one?

He took them for River Plate and proved to be a quality penalty taker there.

He deserved to take one in my opinion

3 Likes

Not sure @User1115 I thought the lineup was a bit weird but eventually worked out. The one guy you thought would nail it…didn’t.

3 Likes

Just watched the replay.

Hats off to the home team, they played their hearts out and we move on which I guess is the important thing.

That’s all I got.

4 Likes

Just watched the highlights… That pitch looked tiny is my first observation, secondly poor goal we conceded, Dmitrovic rightly as others have said needs to do better.

Who was the guy in the wheelchair before the game we gave the shirt to?

Not a lot else to say really… We got the job done, not very convincingly but you know me… I’m very big on the result counts first over the performance so.

2 Likes

Also, watched the replay, and I don’t think the blame should be on Dmitrovic for their goal. For me, it’s on Idrissi, why is he ducking when he’s supposed to be in the wall? If he didn’t duck then it wouldn’t have gone in. Sure, Dmitrovic could have done a bit better but that’s not on him.

1 Like

I don’t honestly think his positioning on the free kick wasn’t even that bad. The logical play from that position is to swing it in for a header, and Dmitrovic anticipates that because that’s what happens most of the time. It was a great free kick, and terrible work in the wall.

He could have been a little more to the left - sure, but his positioning was not off by much

He has decent stats - also only 21. I wouldn’t be surprised to see him make the jump to a team in a higher division, maybe the third or lower second tier

You don’t get beaten by a FK like that at the level Sevilla are at. But it’s done now either way, just annoying he has had a couple of dodgy games his last few outings as he was fantastic when we beat Rayo first game of the season, arguably won us that game in the end with two or three very good saves.

Let’s be real, he hasn’t got much playtime. I would argue that he should have played the UCL matches, because not playing is the best way to get you out of form. You could take the best goalkeeper in the world, bench him for months and then throw him in goal and it’s likely that you’ll still see an error.
To be fair, I don’t like criticizing goalkeepers in general

Given I am a goalkeeper myself and said exactly the same as you recently, I totally agree to a point.

However whatever level you play at, however many games you have played recently you shouldn’t be beaten by that FK regardless.

2 Likes

Rubén Nova. He is a former player who suffered a spinal injury in a motorcycle accident last year.

1 Like

Whenever cunning plans are mentioned, one of these comes into mind

P.S. Lope is the master of ‘cunning plans’ :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Ocampos and Acuna back in training.

3 Likes

Great news! These 2 would boost us massively if they can be fit for our next 2 big league games. Thankfully both atletico and Barca have a lot of injuries as well and both teams struggling for form and consistency. I feel being at home with a few back we can do well in these games which literally could decide if we can potentially wrap up 2nd place or not.

1 Like

Team for Saturday?

2 Likes

I go;

Bono, Montiel, Carlos, Kounde, Acuna, Delaney, Rakitic, Jordan, Papu, Ocampos and Mir.

2 Likes

Yeah I’d go the same as this provided all these players are fit.