Copa Del Rey 23/24 - Sevilla FC at Racing de Ferrol

Sevilla FC travel ~930 kms to Ferrol, Spain population 64,785, on Sunday, January 7th, for the next round of the Copa Del Rey. Ferrol is a town located in the province of La Coruña, which is situated in the autonomous community of Galicia in the northwest part of Spain. Ferrol is a major shipbuilding center and is the capital of the Spanish Navy’s Maritime Department of the North. It is also the birthplace of the former dictator, Franco. It also hosts one of the starting points of the Camino de Santiago.

Racing de Ferrol are currently second in Segunda with 37 points after 21 matches. Ferrol most recently beat Valladolid, 0-1 in the league and beat Leganes 1-0 to advance to this leg of the Copa Del Rey.

Event Date/Time -

Home Ground

Estadio Municipal da Malata
Capacity - 11,922

Map

I am nervous for this one

5 Likes

Marcao starting and Oliver, besides that similar line up as against Bilbao.

Vamoos!

1 Like

Let’s hope for a confidence boosting match for us. A very tough game as they flying in segunda but hopefully we can perform well. Vamos!

1 Like

Very true, we have to show and contradict that we are even close to that segunda level. And generally we have not shown up much at all when needed, except the Granada game.

They might even beat us in professionalism. Could really be a deception today. But let’s not think like that beforehand.

3 Likes

We should have had Cruzcampo as our shirt sponsor…then this match would have been a battle of the beers.

1 Like

Then Estrella Galicia would win, no doubt.

To be real, our Copa road is the only high aim we can have this season so, please don’t butcher this here in Ferrol.

4 Likes

The real deal in CDR will begin only after this round. Normally this should’ve been a piece of cake for us, but you never know given the current form.

1 Like

@Tyler and I are in here watching the match. We are chatting here if you would like:

1 Like

Mallorca and Celta didnt fail.

1 Like

Not too good a start from us. Salas giving their no14 acres of space in every attack.

4 Likes

They aren’t even pressuring that hard on someone about to receive. and our first idea is to pass back. Really need people to open up quicker and be smarter in their first touches. We look so basic.

Their goalie seems vulnerable too.

We hardly can even hold a ball in the midfield it’s pathetic.

1 Like

Marcao with the tap in!

5 Likes

Marcao scores! Haha

Most unlikely scorer but we take it.

4 Likes

Good finish from Marcao. Lucky we score from a corner. Fieldplay was bad.

5 Likes

Good finish by Marcao. Good to see him score, will likely mean a lot to him. Lost his father yesterday so that goal would probably be very emotional.

5 Likes

Ocampos needs to score that. Hits the bar. Stays 0-1

4 Likes

Yup. First good chance, by a slight forced error we came to an open shot.

3 Likes

Marcao is a Leopard 2 Tank…i like him so much.

Juanlu with his head in Madrid already?

Ocampos needs to score that one

6 Likes

Only downside when he caught speed his turning circle is half the pitch. And his passing is risky, but they are hard passes and looking for something, showing initiative, so I’m a fan too.

I don’t think anybody found him bad anyway, just the endless absence and string of small muscle and minor injuries, didn’t seem to stop. So he became a running joke. But if he’s there. He shows up.

3 Likes