Copa Del Rey 2021-22

The draw of the Copa del Rey for this year just has been held. Resulting in us drawing the Andalusian neighbours of Córdoba. I’m so delighted with this, since I’m residing there now so I will definitely aim to get some tickets. They’ ve been on the downfall a bit, since the 2014 La Liga year, and dropped quite far to Segunda Division B group 4 now. Atleast there they are tearing it up, so we will be meeting a team that’s in form.

6 Likes

Just came to post this. I am glad you beat me to it!

Cordoba is gorgeous. I hope to spend more than just a few hours there next time I am in Spain.

3 Likes

Beautiful city indeed, and an amazing history. Around the 10th Century, one of the biggest and most advanced cities in the World to now the third biggest in Andalusia, how things change over the years. Time travelling when? pls

2 Likes

Anyone ever been to Jaen?

1 Like

Not yet, but I will do some more travelling around Andalusia, that castle on the hill looks magnificent tho. Incredible views. Might go there this winter.

2 Likes

I’m so ready for this. Some people don’t like schedule congestion, but I’m just happy to see my team play!

2 Likes

Depends if we can keep our players fit. It’s a big if! If we can, then we can do well in these big games.

1 Like

Sure fitness is always an issue, and games are much more intense than practice, but it’s not like these players are just sitting around waiting for the next match day. They’re training hard all week. Injuries can happen in training. Hell, my NFL team lost three players for the year during practices.

At the end of the day, win or lose, I enjoy watching this team play. The Copa gives me more chances to do so.

4 Likes

looking forward to another far cup run hopefully

5 Likes

I’ll remember you saying this.

5 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 Like

As a fan I want us to win every single competition we are a part of, and of course the Copa is no different. I think our squad depth is solid enough to make a run and I think we can. Been over ten years since we have won one and being runners up twice since then, the time is now!

2 Likes

You gonna hold me to that on our next recording? :laughing: